• 66 MPG / 23.2 KPL or higher - Naked

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
ok so apparently my vin is not in the range...so what else? I seriously doubt riding style accounts for it....I mean I keep it around 3500rpm when cruising in the city (most of the time) and never go crazy fast or rev insanely except on the odd overtaking....so what am I missing?

oh and ps: Nelly - my compliments on your current avatar, best one in a long time :)

Just because your bike isn't effected by the recall does not necessarily mean that the tps is not bad. They can still go out, but are you having any other engine issues that the tps would cause?

As for riding style that could be it if you keep the revs that low, the engine makes pretty much no power down there and has to work harder to maintain a steady pace vs picking the revs up a bit.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a faired 2005. I commute to and from work and consistently average 50mpg or more.

It came as quite a surprise when I put the first tank of gas in it. I wasn't expecting mileage like that when I bought it.

Makes it hard to justify stepping up to an FZ1 with its claimed 36mpg highway.

I really love this bike.

This was a big shock to me once I bought my FZ1. I knew it would consume more fuel but I thought it had a bigger tank to help make up for it. I found it's about the same size tank so the total range on a tank of gas was a lot less than my FZ6.

Timbostang

Reaction score
Visit site
First tank with my naked conversion ended up 50.29 mpg. I was riding pretty aggressively for most of the tank. A few wheelies and several trips up above 10k. My current tank I'm gonna ride it like I normally do. It should end up right where it use to be at 52mpg.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
ok thanks guys

- yeah still have factory sprockets - no moucking about with the internals of the engine/airbox either

- the manual actually recommends keeping the revs down in that range, but I see your point. I'll try stepping it up slightly.

- good point about the TPS :) but as I understand it, shouldn't I be experiencing other symptoms such as a choppy idle or some such?

thanks again. My bike underwent dealer service just 3k km ago, so the usual bits should be pretty well working, but might just have to roll back down past them with this.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As a side note, if they ever finish painting it, I'm getting the PowerBronze lower fairing soon, so it'll be interesting to see if there is any difference there, too!

I've lost 3kms/L in the last 5 months, and at this stage, I'm thinking it might be the Iridiums I put in.

We'll see when I get a day off and put copper plugs back in there.

Cheers,
Rick

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
I've checked it the last 2 tanks... seems around 34 MPG or so. I mainly use it for commute. The FZ6 just doesn't seem to have enough low end. Any time I slow down (yield sign) I have to go into 1st. 40mph in 6th gear give me the stutter when I try to accelerate any at all. I know it's a bit of a step down from a GSX-R750 (I still got around 40mpg), but I expected better from the FZ6. Thinking about trying some injector cleaner.

yeah because that doesnt sound right