FS: R6 cams and sprockets $150 shipped

Dmj_88

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of R6 cams from a 08 R6S with 1800 miles, they are a good upgrade for the FZ6, the part numbers are

Intake cam 5SL-12170-00-00
Exhaust cam 5SL-12180-00-00
cam sprockets (2) 5EB-12176-00-00

Retail for close to $600 at your dealer, Mrcycles.com they are close to $400 I am selling them for $150 shipped

pictures shortly...

Jj5cool1

Noob in the Making
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes this is a direct replacement, a tune is not required but to get the most out of doing the swap it would definitely help.

I tought I read somewhere that you had to time them right and right is not the same as for the FZ6 cams. I am interested, but I need to research a little more. Let me see if I can find that thread on the cams.

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
I tought I read somewhere that you had to time them right and right is not the same as for the FZ6 cams. I am interested, but I need to research a little more. Let me see if I can find that thread on the cams.

Thank for your information.I thought is more like a "plug and play" item.Still need to get the timing right before it works well for FZ6 engine.

opnwhlmnd

Adrenaline junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
They are "plug and play".

You can degree them while installing to get a tad more horsepower but not required. Also with degreeing you can change what the cams do a little. Retard them and gain some top end. Advance them and gain some bottom. Or you can retard one and advance the other. Depends on what you are looking for.

Mine are installed straight up on the exhaust and 2 degrees advanced on the intake.

Great mod for the FZ even just with "plug and play"

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are "plug and play".

You can degree them while installing to get a tad more horsepower but not required. Also with degreeing you can change what the cams do a little. Retard them and gain some top end. Advance them and gain some bottom. Or you can retard one and advance the other. Depends on what you are looking for.

Mine are installed straight up on the exhaust and 2 degrees advanced on the intake.

Great mod for the FZ even just with "plug and play"

Nice, thanks for the inside scoop on this mod. Any dyno plots to chart the difference?

For those who haven't ridden an R6/R6S the difference between the two motors (FZ6 vs R6S) is pretty amazing.

kawwikid

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the R6s kit cams in my bike, which are R6s cams that have a little more lift and duration than the stockers. The kit cams where out from yamaha when the R6(s) where being used for AMA racing. They too where plug and play, but I went with the double springs on mine for protection and had them timed in, so theres no over lap. With a PC3 there was an 8hp gain, but the curve was so smooth and much better than with the stock cams..

Sean

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
interested but how would you rate this on degree of difficulty for install? 1-10? would you take paypal?

Dmj_88

Reaction score
Visit site
interested but how would you rate this on degree of difficulty for install? 1-10? would you take paypal?

Degree of difficulty would be a 3.5 out of 10
Time for toal install would be about a 6.5 out of 10
So not really difficult but just takes some time. Also, yes I would take paypal, but I would request you either include the 3% fee or personal payment.

waiting for pictures to be uploaded.. :)

I'll post some up here in 5 mins, haha sorry.

Its the same as if you had to change out shims to adjust the valves, cams have to come out, right side timing chain cover, valve covers, etc.. Its not a 10 minute job...

It's not a ten minute job but it doesn't take a master mechanic. It's pretty easy if you just follow the steps in the owners guide. It does however take a decent amount of time or atleast it took me quite a while but i'm a neat freak.

Last edited:

Dmj_88

Reaction score
Visit site
100_7472.jpg

100_7471.jpg