FS FZ6 Parts Corbin Seat, Laser Dual, luggage

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Dibs on the seat for now! Do you know if the TCP Seat Cowl will fit over this? Give me a day or two to figure that out, but yeah, dibs!

Edit - Because this is your only post do you mind posting a picture of the seat + "fz6 forum" and your username on a piece of paper? Thanks.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Dibs on the seat for now! Do you know if the TCP Seat Cowl will fit over this? Give me a day or two to figure that out, but yeah, dibs!

Edit - Because this is your only post do you mind posting a picture of the seat + "fz6 forum" and your username on a piece of paper? Thanks.

TCP cowl does for over the Corbin fine. One thing that I was worried about was that the ends of the Bolts would dig into the seat, the bracket that bolts under your seat with two bolts , was thinking maybe shorter bolts. I just fit it but have not used mine as I need to get it repainted.

There are some pictures on the forum showing them on a Corbin.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
TCP cowl does for over the Corbin fine. One thing that I was worried about was that the ends of the Bolts would dig into the seat, the bracket that bolts under your seat with two bolts , was thinking maybe shorter bolts. I just fit it but have not used mine as I need to get it repainted.

There are some pictures on the forum showing them on a Corbin.

When you say they dig into the seat, are we talking about pushing in hard enough to potentially cause damage, or just leave an indent?

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Hey - I know you're in the process of taking the pic. You think you could wipe down the seat with a paper towel or something beforehand? Maybe the picture is just grainy or something but I can tell if the seat is faded or just dusty, etc. I'm just curious, it's not a dealbreaker or anything. Also, how much of an improvement is it over stock? I don't tour or anything, I live about 5 minutes away from work, the most I'll do in a day is a 30 minute ride to my girlfriends. I never had a problem with my seat but lately I find myself constantly shifting to find a more comfortable position. Does this make a big difference? It looks like the la-Z-boy of bike seats so I'm just wondering if it's really that good :thumbup:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
When you say they dig into the seat, are we talking about pushing in hard enough to potentially cause damage, or just leave an indent?

I am not sure if it would cause any damage as I have not used mine just mounted it to see how it looks. I was thinking short bolts would be the ticket, plus could always put something on the end of them. I have never heard of anyone damaging their seat from it. I love my Corbin, makes a big difference. I would not worry about your TCP , I think you will be fine.

I think this is a Corbin?

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

redF7sp

Reaction score
Visit site
Heres a pic of the seat with username, forum, date ect on it I wiped it off with some leather protectant it was a bit dusty but has always been stored inside other then weekends at the lake with the bike. Corbin seats are amazing I'm 6ft 250#s and was riding my bike 200 miles one way to the in-laws lake cabin regularly and quite comfortable with the stock seat I was pretty sore by the time I got there. The TCP seat cowl will fit nicely over the seat I had one on mine for about 5000miles and there are no wear marks or anything on the seat from it.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
I just spent some time fitting my TCP Cowl with the my Corbin Gunfighter and it is way to snug for my liking. The seat does not lock in very easy and real tough to get it to unlatch. My bike is a 2007.

And the brackets/bolts come way to close to the seat. I tried it with my stock seat and its is fine.

I may just sell my cowl and not bother painting it to match my bike, or use it once and a while with the stock seat just to change it up a bit. I would go for the seat anyways to at least use on longer rides. Dont use the cowl for longer rides. With the cowl on you cant use a tailbag. Some to think about for trips.

redF7sp

Reaction score
Visit site
Not the greatest pic I did find this one of when I had the Corbin Seat and the TCP cowl on. With mine I always put the cowl on after the seat. To get the seat off I had to take the two little thumb screws out for the cowl and then the seat would pop off. I used to run my Nelson Riggs saddle bags over the seat under the cowl until I started to have trouble with them then I want a bag that sat on top of the back part of the seat.

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Redf7sp, I told you you would get some action over here. It's really a crying shame what's happened over at what use to be THE place.

Ok, so Extremity....as far as I know, you don't get to call dibs on a hot item while you're thinking about it. lmao:spank: you know I'm just picking on you but damn man....

Somebody buy this mans seat before I send him the money myself!!

That exhaust is nice too. Actually look a lot like the factory exhaust when installed but with a nicer but not too loud sound. I almost bought a new set myself but I wanted loud.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Hey Redf7sp, I told you you would get some action over here. It's really a crying shame what's happened over at what use to be THE place.

Ok, so Extremity....as far as I know, you don't get to call dibs on a hot item while you're thinking about it. lmao:spank: you know I'm just picking on you but damn man....

Somebody buy this mans seat before I send him the money myself!!

That exhaust is nice too. Actually look a lot like the factory exhaust when installed but with a nicer but not too loud sound. I almost bought a new set myself but I wanted loud.

Sorry, I haven't been home, I still planned on buying it was just curious - PM me your paypal stuff I'll pay when I get home it doesn't work very well from phone

powerline

Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't seem to be much point in posting this with all the others that said they'd take it, but I really want something better than the stock seat!
If the seat hasn't sold yet, let me know, I'll buy it.

redF7sp

Reaction score
Visit site
Powerline its your lucky day. It is not sold I've had several that said they'd take it but still haven't gotten anyone to email me back. You can email me at [email protected] for paypal info and a shipping address.

The Arrow Cat Eliminator is sold and on its way to its new owner.

The Laser Exhaust I'm waiting for a response but is currently still available.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
got your reply redFZ, and like I said, can't deal with it for 2 weeks as
I'm a few provinces removed from home until then, but didn't expect
you to hold it, thanks for the reply