FS 1986 FZ600 parts bike

mysta2

Reaction score
dropbarscinder.blogspot.com
Hello folks, I'm working on rebuilding a VFR into an RC30 replica (Click here if you'd like to know more about that project) I bought the bike I'm selling here for a couple of parts that I needed off of it, mainly the oil cooler, and headlight assembly. Now I've got my eye on a few parts off another VFR that I need for my project and need to free up the funds to acquire them. I've toyed back and forth with the idea of rebuilding this bike itself but would ultimately prefer to focus my energies on just the VFR (and the other 360 that I've got) So it's for sale, in part or whole:

'86 FZ600 in a box: $450= all the parts that I've got for it.

Rolling chassis: $250= Everything needed to connect the front tire to the rear tire and nothing more(as is sits in the following picture minus the front brake)

86fz600_01.jpg

It's missing the left side lower frame rail.

86fz600_06.jpg

86fz600_02.jpg

Complete front end: $175=Including both trees, bearings, and brakes, and tire and wheel if you want them
86fz600_03.jpg

Whole front end's complete, I've toyed a lot with the idea of putting it onto one of my 360s, but really like the retro look of my drums.

86fz600_04.jpg

86fz600_05.jpg

86fz600_07.jpg

86fz600_08.jpg

Complete engine: $150=need a rebuild, but it's all there, includes all side covers (some not pictured).

86fz600_09.jpg

86fz600_10.jpg

No pitting

86fz600_11.jpg

86fz600_12.jpg

86fz600_13.jpg

86fz600_14.jpg

86fz600_15.jpg

86fz600_16.jpg

Looks like moisture got in here at some point, but not unrepairable.

Most of it's there, but the significant parts that it's missing include the title (bought as a parts donor), carbs, most of the fairings, headlights, oil cooler, gas tank, and exhaust.

This would be a great bike to either rebuild complete or scavenge parts off of for the project you might have in the garage, whatever that may be. Fill it full of batteries and make it electric even, the frame's perfect for that. Believe me I've considered it, with those bolt on frame sections you could make a great cradle.

Im located in Dallas and would prefer to deal locally but I can ship reasonably sized parts too Prices do not include shipping Also obviously there's a lot of overlap in my parts list, so parts will be sold on a first come first served basis.

I'm listing this here because I can't seem to find a place that caters to these a little too new to be classic bikes, this forum is the closest I could find. If anyone knows a better place to put this I welcome that feedback.

Thanks for looking/reading. PM or email me if anything interests you.

Kit