Front end?

C

CombatPenguin

Ok I want to work on the front end of the bike to make the suspension better. My options that I know of are racetech springs with or without the emulators, the r6 fork swap, or the matris fork cartridge kit. Really I'm not a fan of the r6 swap unless i could just buy a new set from the dealer, something about buying used forks doesn't sit right with me wish you could just swap all the internals out. Anyway I'm looking for someone who has done the ractech then switched to the r6 forks, was there much of a difference? I don't do any two up rideing but plan on doing atleast 4 track days. Anyone know of a good website explaining motorcycle suspensions?

Sorry I can't answer your questions but I can suggest one thing.

If you want to do the R6 fork swap, just look for forks from a 06-08 R6S, as they are newer and likely to have less miles. Mine only had 1700 miles on them.

Considering you have an 07 and your calipers are already good, you could just buy R6/R6S forks, or get away with new springs/oil, as many people have done.

The main advantage of the R6 setup is adjustability. If you're just looking for a stiffer/more responsive setup and don't care for adjustability, I'd go with the springs/oil, and possibly gold valve emulators if you don't mind spending money.

07candyfz6,
I can answer most any question you or anyone may have about motorcycle chassis and suspension systems. If I can't answer it directly, I can get answers. I know jack ( that's my dog's name). It is what I do for a living, modify, maintain, upgrades, repair, etc.
We measure and straighten motorcycle frames, swingarms, forks, triple clamps and we do suspension.
The racetech emulators are a very good upgrade if installed properly. Depending on your weight, you may need springs. Like any fz rider over 130 lbs will benefit from more fork spring rate, (not just more preload) and the better damping provided by the Emulators.
Putting stock r6 forks on your fz would not be as good an improvement as the properly installed emulators and springs. The stock cartridge forks on the
r6 will need more money thrown at them than emulators.
If you really want adjustable r6 cartridge forks that have already been upgraded with full race internals, gauranteed straight, I have a customer that wants to move his spare front ends (forks, clamps, axle as an assy) from his days on '03 and '05 r6's he raced on. He has since moved to late gen r6s and the team won the wera national endurance series middleweight superbike class in '08. We are setting up the team's new '09s presently. Anyway he has two of these front ends complete and ready to go.
pm me and I will put you in touch.
I hope it is okay to mention used parts for sale here.

All the best
Kent Soignier

Back