front end noise like birds chirping.

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a noise coming from the front end of my FZ6 that sounds like birds chirping. I am thinking its coming from the wheel. Do brakes make this kind of noise? I kind basically only hear in in the lower gears. It's probably still there in the higher gears, but I can't hear it at speed.

Any Ideas?

Not an engine noise. I've put the bike on the center stand and revved it up in neutral and also put it into gear and revved it. It's not coming from the engine.

Is it squeeking when you are applying the brakes? I dont know if it's the same, but my brakes were squeeky earlier this year after it sat during the winter. But it eventually stopped on its own tho...

Is it squeeking when you are applying the brakes? I dont know if it's the same, but my brakes were squeeky earlier this year after it sat during the winter. But it eventually stopped on its own tho...

+1 on the front brakes potentially squeeling...

Do they squeek all the time while underway or just when gently braking?

If you've done a hard stop, you may have glazed them up some which will cause some squeel...

If you remove the pads, gently either sand them or run them over some smooth/FLAT CONCRETE (side walk) and scruff the glaze off them. Put them back in the original positions.

They also make brake anti-squeel which is basically a thick, heat resistant grease that you'd dab a small amount on the REAR of the pad. It should take up any minor vibration/squeel.

BTW, when you remove the SS, anti-squeel plates atop the pads, they go back in one way, there's an arrow that faces forward as well. Make sure its fully down on the pads upon re-assembly..

Back