Fresh Paint Job??

jecon462

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking about freshening up my naked 05 FZ6 with a new paint job. I am thinking of painting the tank, fender, and rear side panels in a classic Yamaha yellow. Then down the center of the tank, following the tank line, doing the black and white "road". Then on the side of the tank maybe a "Yamaha" or tuning fork decal. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Any suggestions or concerns are welcomed.

Szut

Just got here...
Reaction score
Visit site
Go for it! Check Bike Exif and other sites like that, they show a lot of retro paint jobs.

jecon462

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks I will take a look at that site. I am also thinking maybe going with the red and white as opposed to the yellow and black? I am still undecided. I need to spend a little time on Photoshop editing.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
here are 2 pics for you. the first one was the official yamaha 50th anniversary release. the second yellow one i beleive was from a forum member, i forgot the name, i liked the pic and saved it

Szut

Just got here...
Reaction score
Visit site
Another option on the yellow:

yamaha-fz6-cup.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OR.. there's the Abarth design: (FZ1, but gives you an idea)

yamaha-fz1-abarth-assetto-corse-foto-ufficiali_21.jpg

Last edited:

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the white red black schemes... But it's done so much.
My "race team" colours are white red and black, and my FZ needed a new paint job, so this is what my buddy and I came up with:

IMG_06021_zps6ec14cff.jpg

IMG_06011_zps106956d2.jpg

IMG_06001_zps58c14928.jpg

I need better pics of the bike that aren't done with my phone's camera... But you get the idea!

The white is dodge viper white (very clean crisp white) and the black is a Nissan colour, and is slightly metallic and a bit more charcoal than what is seen.

jecon462

Reaction score
Visit site
That is a nice looking bike!Where you have the stripe on the tank is where I was looking to do the yamaha "road" stripe.

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I ALMOST duplicated the limited edition 2012 FZ8 scheme, but I hate to copy things.

This year we're making a fiberglass rear seat cover hopefully as well.

I really want to get rid of the blue ASV levers and get some red ones... But I'll stick to the Shorty ASVs as I really like them, and my motocross buddies get a kick out of seeing ASV levers on a street bike.

I think the bike is nearly done... aside from wanting one of those directional tail lights, better rear signal lights and a horn to replace the one that flew off 4 years ago... Want to polish up the wheels too as I like shiny things!

jecon462

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so I started the paint job last night and this is what I have so far. I went with a yellow on the side ans left the factory black down the middle. I plan to add a white stripe to break the two colors. I also think I am go to add the "road" stripe on both sides.

jecon462

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha! I don't know my dad just recently retired and took this project on for me. I'm sure it wasn't easy though.