Free: rear frame assembly W/O rear footpegs

terry_b

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an additional rear frame assembly I'd like to get rid of. This was on my bike when I bought it, and does not have passenger footpegs. The entire footpeg mount was removed and ground smooth, then painted black by the bike's original owner. It looks very sleek, especially with the rear seat cover.

I'm not looking to make a profit, but shipping this is going to be a chore - and pricey. Bike bandit lists this piece as $282. It's ready to swap in and go (although the actual swap is literally disassembling the entire rear end). I'd take $100 plus shipping for it, OBO. I'll even throw in the original fender eliminator and plate mount that was on the bike before I put the motodynamics integrated light on.

EDIT: I was thinking about it, I'd rather just see this thing gone. I have no use for it, and before I try dealing with ebay, I'll just open it up to the forum - I'll pass this along to someone for the shipping costs. Let me know your zip code if you're interested so I can get a quote.

First pic is with it installed - then the disassembly

DVvsyjxh.jpg

83vnXpRh.jpg

OJ75TF7h.jpg

1Q4I2PDh.jpg

YEhSYDLh.jpg

q8bPrRBh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: FS: rear frame assembly W/O rear footpegs

As an additional note: This sub frame is for the 04 to 06 FZ6. It should fit the 07 to 09 FZ6 but the foot peg sections on the 07-09 S2 FZ6 were changed to bolt on sections. It would be good to make sure this fits the S2 07-09 FZ6 beforehand.

terry_b

Reaction score
Visit site

Yes, thanks for the clarification guys :) I suppose I should have mentioned that it was an S1

I also updated the OP, I'd like to see this gone (since my lady demanded that I put the passenger pegs back) as I have no use for it. I'll pass it along to someone for shipping costs.

Can a mod move the thread or should I make new post in the free section?

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you Terry! That's very kind if you!
I've moved the post to the freebee section and edited the title. :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very generous of you!!

I really like your rear seat cover too (super sharp!)

Did you replace with an S2 sub-frame with the removable rear peg assemblies and helmet lock?

IF no one wants it, don't pitch it. I can use a very SHORT PIECE (maybe 6") of the round sub-frame past the lower mount.
I'd use it for checking fitment of brackets I make for the FZ. I'm currently using a machined down piece of tubing but would prefer
actual frame for fitment:

RS helmet lock bracket for all FZ6's:

Custom BMW style outlet tab:

Last edited:

terry_b

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the bike came to me with this one installed (no passenger pegs) and the silver one was thrown in with it. It looks like the original owner just bought the additional rear frame and modified it, since the silver one matches the rest of the frame. They're both S1 sub frames, but since my lady very much enjoys a ride I needed the passenger pegs.

Do you make those brackets yourself? They look great!

If nobody bites in a while... 2-3 weeks I can send it your way. I can even take a sawz-all to it so you only get the piece you need.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the bike came to me with this one installed (no passenger pegs) and the silver one was thrown in with it. It looks like the original owner just bought the additional rear frame and modified it, since the silver one matches the rest of the frame. They're both S1 sub frames, but since my lady very much enjoys a ride I needed the passenger pegs.

Do you make those brackets yourself? They look great!

If nobody bites in a while... 2-3 weeks I can send it your way. I can even take a sawz-all to it so you only get the piece you need.

Yep, I design, make and sell them. The "outlet bracket" I just made for member Tom "trepetti" here.

The helmet lock bracket show above fits ALL FZ6's, but only on the right side so you can have a helmet lock on the S1 or second one on the S2.

And yes, I'd just need a short piece for test fitting. Maybe trade a bracket for that or just $.

I have a spare FJR and BMW sub-frame, again for test fitting.

I make lock brackets for FJR's (do a search, I have the market about covered) as well as numerous BMW's thru "Pirates Lair"
under "Easy Helmet lock": The Easy Helmet Lock for the BMW K1300S, K1200S, K1300R, K1200R, & R Sport All those are designed and made by myself (besides others on the site)

Last edited:

terry_b

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are pretty slick!

If I trusted people more, I would totally go for one - but I'm super paranoid about people leaving nasty surprises in my helmet

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

um can you explain what this helmet lock tab is? I didnt know I had a helmet lock tab?!

The 07-09 bikes, on the LEFT side sub frame, to the rear of the pillion pegs, is a small plate welded to the frame. Two holes, one is threaded.
A helmet lock assembly is bolted.

04-06 bikes, there is no tab and there is no lock...

rcruz17

Reaction score
Visit site

The 07-09 bikes, on the LEFT side sub frame, to the rear of the pillion pegs, is a small plate welded to the frame. Two holes, one is threaded.
A helmet lock assembly is bolted.

04-06 bikes, there is no tab and there is no lock...

i have an 05 :( i always feel like I got the inferior model

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site