Frame sliders with lower Fairing?

Newly75

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has tried to instal frame sliders as well as have a full lower fairing on their FZ?

I have the full lower fairing on my 06, but I'd also really like to have a set of sliders on it. The main problem being that I would have to cut holes through the fairing to have the slider protrude.

which leads to the next part of the question, being, are any of the slider long enough to protrude far enough to do the job of protecting the bike, and the fairing?

Any advice, and pics would be appreciated.

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Just wondering if anyone has tried to instal frame sliders as well as have a full lower fairing on their FZ?

I have the full lower fairing on my 06, but I'd also really like to have a set of sliders on it. The main problem being that I would have to cut holes through the fairing to have the slider protrude.

which leads to the next part of the question, being, are any of the slider long enough to protrude far enough to do the job of protecting the bike, and the fairing?

Any advice, and pics would be appreciated.

You should be able to buy a hole saw and make a cut where the slider is going to protrude. Be sure to measure several times before doing any cutting though.

Sliders are meant to protect the engine and frame from damage, not the fairing. The fairing is nice to look at but when all's said and done it's main purpose is to protect the bike from damage in a wreck or tipover.

I have a pair of 4" extended sliders on my bike. I haven't seen any that are longer than that but ou could probably have someone fab you up a pair of longer ones if you know someone who works with Delrin and has a machine shop. Extended Sliders

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the same problem some time ago when I was thinking about adding the lower fairing. I ended up ordering the fairing from TCP with a pair of LSL sliders with it. Luckily my fairing had the holes already in it.

Here's two bad shots of it:

171d1180638819-bottom-fairing-frame-sliders-impossible-p5310009.jpg

173d1180638854-bottom-fairing-frame-sliders-impossible-p5310022.jpg

Since you already got the fairing, it seems to be your only chance to cut the holes for the sliders. Try to google extended frame sliders (or something like that) and find sliders with longer bolts and fitting pieces.

Though before getting those sliders with longer bolts, you might want to check some earlier threads about frame sliders. Having the sliders to stick further out from the frame might cause damage to the frame if you fall over on higher speed. Also in that situation the longer bolts are not as strong as shorter ones would be.

But good luck anyway with your project. I'm sure it'll look great at the end. :)

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Details and pics of mine here. I looked around for some that said they work with the fairing as most don't really stick out far enough. I still had to cut and I didn't do a brilliant job of it but they look pretty good and should stop my fairing being destroyed in drops or low-speed crashes.