For you gunslinging, ammo reloading moutainmen..

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
With the Obama gun scare alot of gun nuts are worried about ammo and such. Here are some downloads for the manuals and reloading specifications to damn near every modern gun. I reload my own ammo, (have for some time)and all the specs I've compared to my Lee die set are dead on. There are also some printable targets and other goodies. You'll need Microsoft Access or Open Office to use it.

SourceForge.net: Reloaders' Reference: Files

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of reloading... What would qualify as a .45acp +p+? And does it sound like a bad idea? I've shot factory +p and it ran just fine. Sorry to tp, but just wondering...

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of reloading... What would qualify as a .45acp +p+? And does it sound like a bad idea? I've shot factory +p and it ran just fine. Sorry to tp, but just wondering...

Oooh, don't go there Smitty! While the 45acp is a low pressure cartridge by todays standards, the reloading data is still going to list the max pressure for which the cartridge was designed to work. To push beyond that without having access to pressure testing equipment is risky. Not worth blowing a gun up!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I heard Eric "You Scared Coward" Holder wants to reinstate the Clinton assault weapons ban. I can hear the anti-firearm crowd cheering but before you do please listen to how silly the Clinton law was.

1) Can only have a magazine up to 10 rounds - but you can still buy magazines for 20 and 30 rounds.

2) Can't have a pistol grip or a folding stalk on an imported "assault weapon". This was targeted at the Russian AK47. So the Russian and East Block manufactures put on a "sporting stalk". You can look it up, its the same difference, the mechanical part of the weapon is the same.

3) No flash suppressor, but you can have a muzzle brake, net-net, its pretty much the same thing.

4) No cheap weapons from Russia. Okay, now we get them from China, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, etc, etc. You get the idea.

So in other words the Clinton Assault weapons ban did nothing to reduce the number of said firearms. To me Obama is simply checking the box with this one to keep the Dems happy.

I really don't care one way or another about the ban. I'm just so tired of politicians passing laws for the sake passing laws. Then you hear them patting themselves on the back about what a great piece of legislation they wrote.

Sorry this is in the wrong category.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
One advantage of this ban is that my 50 round Calico M-950 pistol will go up in price again. :rockon:

Too bad it's broken. :(

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing the 1994 AWB succeeded in doing was to raise the price of firearms and magazines. So called high capacity magazines and "assualt weapons" were still available. The price went up, but they were still available. It did nothing to prevent crime, and only made it more difficult for law abiding citizens to purchase firearms.

Of course, dirtbags and criminals don't purchase their firearms and magazines from lawful sources, so the law never affected them.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing the 1994 AWB succeeded in doing was to raise the price of firearms and magazines. So called high capacity magazines and "assualt weapons" were still available. The price went up, but they were still available. It did nothing to prevent crime, and only made it more difficult for law abiding citizens to purchase firearms.

Of course, dirtbags and criminals don't purchase their firearms and magazines from lawful sources, so the law never affected them.

And criminals don't buy a $1,500 Bushmaster to rob the liquor store. They buy...er...steal a cheap, hot .38, or .25 pistol.

A smart criminal would use a shot gun instead, but then again most criminals are dumb.

I used to have an evil assault weapon, a Bushmaster AR15, Clinton ban version. I used it to compete in shooting competitions. Why an AR15 and not another rifle, fair question, because I shoot an M16 in the Guard and I wanted the reflexes to carry over, ie: selector lever, magazine release button, charging handle, sight alignment, sight picture. I also own a Clinton era 92FS for the same reason. Reflexes. Oh and I bought larger capacity magazines for each. :D

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm right with you on this one Pete. I want to keep an AR-15 around the house because that's what I'm accustomed to using for the past 2 years on my departments SWAT team. It comes down to muscle memory, and having total confidence in your weapon and tactics.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again.
Criminals don't legally buy guns and register them. Therefore any gun law/ban will have no effect on criminals or criminal activity.

Anyways, I "know" someone with an SKS and banana clips :) purchased preban.