Foot Pegs Ground too far

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
So after ive gotten better at leaning, and finally ridding myself of the terrible strips, ive found my pegs to be ground down pretty far.

Whats the next step? Do i buy new factory ones or is there some after market tips i can rig on? Any pointers? Thanks!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
u might wanna get some aftermarket ones like ottimoto or rizomas...constant contact of metal parts could make u crash

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
i went to their sites and they have replacment foot pegs, but im looking for a way to just add a tip under the peg that i can replaced from time to time. i like how the peg grinds when i get to the edge of my 190 tire. id like to keep the system.

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you talking about the whole peg or just the scraper thing. That scraper thing just unscrews so it would be very easy to replace. I removed mine a long time ago and almost forgot about them.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i went to their sites and they have replacment foot pegs, but im looking for a way to just add a tip under the peg that i can replaced from time to time. i like how the peg grinds when i get to the edge of my 190 tire. id like to keep the system.

You may want to consider cranking up your rear shock a notch and get your body weight shifted to compensate using all of your tire to get through the turn.

As you're in a turn the suspension compresses additionally and gives your pegs less ground clearance.

Why are you using a 190? You may be better with a 180. If you got the 190 as a cheap deal that's one thing. The tread profile will not be as designed unless you've also changed the rim width. You may be better with a 180 on a stock 5-1/2" rim

Happy leaning! :D

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Im running a 190 mich pilot power 2ct shock is at 7 because a ride 2 up alot, im 6'3 215 lbs.

my rear tire has half a centimeter of chicken strip well like this big -- literaly

and its because the scraper thing scraps and i like that. when i grind my scrapers down i wanna replace them what the part number, or whats an after market replacement.

im definitly not going to change back to a 180, the 190 looks killer and it literaly more tire to lean on.

Last edited:

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
So after ive gotten better at leaning, and finally ridding myself of the terrible strips, ive found my pegs to be ground down pretty far.

Whats the next step? Do i buy new factory ones or is there some after market tips i can rig on? Any pointers? Thanks!

get your azz off the seat and get that knee out there....by changing the center of gravity the bike will not have to lean over as far to take the corner at the same speed...maxing out the lean angle with your azz square in the seat is a low side disaster waiting to happen...

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
OK OK i'll get off the seat and lean. I kinda liked the pegs gringing though, shame. well if anyone can come up with a name for the scappy thingys let me know.

Last edited:

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
Just call your local bike shop they can order the feelers on the bottom of the pegs for you

FZ6Hot

FZ6Hot
Reaction score
Visit site
If you have a stock shock get a good aftermarket one (Ohlins, Wilbers etc.). I found I had to crank up preload on the stocker to stop grinding feelers but the bike was not as controllable. My Ohlins give a more compliant ride and the back end sits up a little higher for more clearance. Same goes for front supension upgrade. Stock is very soft and is going to compress considerably.

You say you are hanging off, have you been video'd? I did an advanced rider course and thought I was hanging way off - wrong!

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Your right on the hanging off part. And I got over the chick strips theory when there were none left. It was more like a breaking in to being a new rider thing. With the feelers I'm not setting a goal to grind them. It just happens. I just wanted to know the name and replacement part or after market. But all and all after graduating from chicken strip preschool and peg grinding elementary I'm off to get your ass I the seat middle school. Thanks for the insight guys.

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
Your right on the hanging off part. And I got over the chick strips theory when there were none left. It was more like a breaking in to being a new rider thing. With the feelers I'm not setting a goal to grind them. It just happens. I just wanted to know the name and replacement part or after market. But all and all after graduating from chicken strip preschool and peg grinding elementary I'm off to get your ass I the seat middle school. Thanks for the insight guys.

Good stuff. Think of it this way, if your grinding hard parts and have no more room on the tire, you've effectively run out of room to turn and that's as tight as you can take that given corner at that speed. In reality though, with proper body position, you can take that corner much faster/tighter with some room leftover for error. Think of it as a cushion for the just in case that you always want to give yourself when street riding. Maybe consider a track day to get some pointers and some great practice on the same turns in a controlled environment. Just my .02 . :rockon:

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
If I find the ones I removed from mine I'll send them to you...they annoyed the hell out of me. I was a little afraid that the pegs would catch rather than grind like the feelers but haven't had any problems yet.

They must not make replacements...Bikebandit and Ronayers don't carry them. You could always unthread one, take it into a hardware store and buy a stainless allen head bolt of the same length. I lost one of the top triple bolts on a trip and replaced it with one for maybe $1.

Last edited: