Flight 666 - Iron Maiden

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always liked the Maiden. I am a rocker to the core but this movie blew me away. It is unbelievable how a heavy metal band from England who get pretty much zero coverage in the mainstream press can take over the world as they have done. If you don't believe me then watch the movie Iron Maiden Official Website - Flight 666 lands at No.1....Globally!!
The talent and personality of the band are one thing but the devotion and sheer amount of fans they attract are immense. Witness the scenes in japan, australia, canada or south america to see something that has remained 'underground' in mainstream terms but has flourished to the point of religion to some people. In the movie fans in Colombia talked about giving up their jobs to get a ticket and their chance to see Maiden in the flesh. I've never seen them live but hopefully they'll do a UK tour sometime....

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always liked the Maiden. I am a rocker to the core but this movie blew me away. It is unbelievable how a heavy metal band from England who get pretty much zero coverage in the mainstream press can take over the world as they have done. If you don't believe me then watch the movie Iron Maiden Official Website - Flight 666 lands at No.1....Globally!!
The talent and personality of the band are one thing but the devotion and sheer amount of fans they attract are immense. Witness the scenes in japan, australia, canada or south america to see something that has remained 'underground' in mainstream terms but has flourished to the point of religion to some people. In the movie fans in Colombia talked about giving up their jobs to get a ticket and their chance to see Maiden in the flesh. I've never seen them live but hopefully they'll do a UK tour sometime....

I've been an Maiden fan for 24 years I reckon, and still love listening to their music. I was however a little peeved that they managed to miss Adelaide on their tour (lots of shows do). Still it doesn't surprise me a lot to see them still being mega successful....I think they've got an awesome sound and put on a spectacular show.:rockon::rockon::rockon::D

Cheers
Mike