Fizzer vs Mazda 3 MPS

Budha59

Reaction score
Visit site
This morning on the way to work, I took an onramp onto the N1 (motorway in South Africa) and started accelerating gently uphill.

I looked in my mirror and saw a 2009 Mazda 3 MPS behind me and pulled over to let him past. as he got next to me (I was doing about 80km/h), I dropped to second and gunned it, to which he responded and also floored it. The car stayed next to me up until 180km/h and I was REALLY trying to get away from him.

Granted, the Fazer is not the quickest 600 on the road, but its still no slowpoke. Maybe next time I should think twice before racing anyone.... or just save up for a fazer thou :D

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha - Fizzer. Like the sweet.

Yes, the Fizzer is quick, but I have also noticed that nowadays factory cars are getting pretty fast as well.

My friend has a Seat FR which has 147kW, and I struggle to keep ahead of the thing with my Fizzer.

You should remember that the Fizzer up until 2008/9 still has the 2002 de-tuned R6 motor.

Anyway, enjoy.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: ... and ... :squid:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Is the Mazda MPS like our Mazdaspeed 3? It must have been pretty tricked out to keep up with a bike. Or you really suck at riding. I have run Corvettes (drag tires, intake, exhaust) in the 1/4 mile. I don't think they would catch you for a while either.... :don'tknow:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Two things wrong here:
1) The FZ6 is around 11 sec in the 1/4. The Mazda isn't even close.
2) Why are you racing a car on public roads going that fast? Maybe things are different where you live.....

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry there are little cars out there that will out run ss bikes just watch the speedometer climb in this video of a Mazda 3 mps with some tuning this car could push over 300hp easily. :spank: :D [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbfr9h-5-Rc]YouTube - Mazdaspeed 3 0-155 mph[/ame]

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
300hp in a 3000lb car doesnt equate to a 100 hp 400lb motorcycle. (obviously round numbers for argument sake)

4lb per hp > 10lb per hp

Yes there is grip and gearing etc to take into account but I just don't see it.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
There is no way that Mazda should have even stayed close to the FZ.....Im not saying that the mazda isnt a quick car, but Ive run Ford Lightnings, Vettes, GT mustangs, GTO's, VW GTI's tuned.....non of which had much for the FZ.....JUst my two cents :thumbup:

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree.

The thing is also that as I have it, the car was probably already doing 30MpH quicker than the Fazer when it passed. To accelerate and then gain on that makes you feel slow off the line. It is science!

Anyway, South Africa has changed a lot after 1994. There is more lawlessness. Most bikers here do top speed almost anywhere on the highway.

Disclaimer: I myslef never speed and I always abide by the law. I encourage everyone to do the same. ( I have to say this... )

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry there are little cars out there that will out run ss bikes just watch the speedometer climb in this video of a Mazda 3 mps with some tuning this car could push over 300hp easily.

Mazda 3 MPS:

Performance
Max speed 155 miles/h (250 km/h)
0-100 km/h 6.1 seconds
0-160 km/h 14.5 seconds
0-200 km/h 25.1 seconds

Quarter mile 14.2 seconds at 100mph

A properly launched FZ6 can do 11's.
Even a very highly tuned car won't reach those #'s. For reference, a highly tuned 500 WHP (about 650 crank HP) STi (same basic weight/class) barely breaks 11's. And the STi runs 13.5 stock at 230 WHP (300 crank HP).

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A properly launched FZ6 can do 11's.
Even a very highly tuned car won't reach those #'s. For reference, a highly tuned 500 WHP (about 650 crank HP) STi (same basic weight/class) barely breaks 11's. And the STi runs 13.5 stock at 230 WHP (300 crank HP).

Heres a race from a roll with a lexus vs Honda 954.... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlLukHup1Z8]YouTube - Lexus IS300 vs Honda CBR 954[/ame] :D

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree.

The thing is also that as I have it, the car was probably already doing 30MpH quicker than the Fazer when it passed. To accelerate and then gain on that makes you feel slow off the line. It is science!

Anyway, South Africa has changed a lot after 1994. There is more lawlessness. Most bikers here do top speed almost anywhere on the highway.

Disclaimer: I myslef never speed and I always abide by the law. I encourage everyone to do the same. ( I have to say this... )

That's exactly it. From a stand still, a bike will take nearly every car on the road. From a rolling start, it's anyone's game.

fz6s2uk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys. I have just seen your thread, thought i would shed some light on it . I have a 2008 fz6 with 5,200 miles on the clock . I also own a Mazda 3 MPS MK2 2009 with 11,000 miles on the clock . I love both the car and the bike . The bike however is no match for the car . The mid range acceleration in the car is blistering . 80-120 MPH the other day next to a Porche , he didnt stand a chance . The look on the guys face was a picture . Obviously 0-60 MPH The bike will win hands down . Once the car gets into 3rd , thats it. Also in the corners the bike looses .

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is from 2009 lol

But I'm chime in too lol my buddy used to have a 06 speed3 and all stock that car was very impressive for a station wagon. From a dig there's no way it would beat a fz6 but from highway speeds I bet it would be a very close race with it being stock. If you've owned a turbocharged anything then you know that they are best from a roll. Even when the car was bone stock, with all the tq it made it could roast the tires through 3rd gear! After he had it about 2yrs he put a full turbo back exhaust on it, blow off valve, intake, a boost controller, and upgraded the ECU. Stock the car put out about 15psi and most of the time that's where he left it (apparently Mazda used a crappy turbo and it couldn't handle much more boost safely although the engine can handle 30+) but on occasions he would crank it up to 20-21 and when he did that car was a BEAST!!! If it could get traction I wouldn't doubt it if it could beat the fz6 from a standstill, but that was the problem, from a standstill it couldn't get traction.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a lunatic, filming with the mobile whilst doing 140?
Neil

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

tdbill

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is from 2009 lol

I was going to wait until 2016 to reply with this but lets keep this stale thread fresh :D.

300hp in a 3000lb car doesnt equate to a 100 hp 400lb motorcycle. (obviously round numbers for argument sake)

4lb per hp > 10lb per hp

Yes there is grip and gearing etc to take into account but I just don't see it.

Are these being piloted via remote?, if not lets redo the #'s for the bike since with rider you are adding almost 50% more weight.

I understand the cars #'s are a bit off, but not as much as the bike's:

450lb bike with 200lb rider making 90hp = 7.2lb per hp (a bit closer to the car).

...I took an onramp onto the N1 (motorway in South Africa) and started accelerating gently uphill.

If you are racing up an incline, you better hope you've got more torque per lb on tap than the other guy!

Also in the corners the bike looses .

I think this is more about the operator ;).