First Warning

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my first warning today, about 20min ago. Speed limit was 55mph,i had just slowed down to about 10mph for a truck that was turning.I acelerated through the gears to around 70mph then i saw him,United States Deparment Of the Interior Park Ranger, let off and down shifted and got clocked at 67mph.I think jail would have been better, the wife is haveing a field-day. I think it would have been a fedral charge National sea shore. Lesson learned.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Whaaaaat? Park rangers doing traffic enforcement? And running radar/lidar to boot? And I thought CA was bad! And why did you tell your wife?! No ticket, no tell. lol At least you got off!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you get a ticket from a Park Ranger protecting federal land, it's usually falls under a Federal fine, and it doesn't go on your driving record. But it's usually a very expensve fine.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
okracoke huh... i brought my bike to obx a few summers ago.. yea, the cops dont like speeders.. i think i can guess where you were, and I have been pulled over in my car for roughly the same thing.. they really dont like speeders.. sucks, but what can you... up near the inlet i asume..

rexbaum

Reaction score
Visit site
Getting a speeding ticket in a National Park is no big deal, its kinda like someone telling you that a thread topic has already been posted.

:Flip:

Andy Mc

Reaction score
Visit site
i havent been caught speeding yet but did get scooped pulling a wheelie past and unmarked cop car, was pretty gutted when he turned the lights on but he just called me d*!@K and told me to wise up, (i was more shocked to find a down to earth cop) but i was lucky!!

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you get a ticket from a Park Ranger protecting federal land, it's usually falls under a Federal fine, and it doesn't go on your driving record. But it's usually a very expensve fine.

I'll bet that's a hefty fine. I still had no idea they did that. Now I know, engage all countermeasures in national park areas before speeding. :D

I was on a local twisty road in my car a few years back, and a ranger in a jeep motioned for me to slow down. This was not federal land mind you. Just a county ranger. I just glanced at him, and continued at my pace, which wasn't even that fast. He just happened to see me come into a corner a little hot, as that was only the second time I had been on that particular road. Not the first time a ranger has gotten all irritated at my driving. But around those roads, they can't do squat, except maybe radio the local revenue monkeys.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I go to Ocracoke every year. That's got to be the stretch from the ferry to town, unless there is some bizarro side of the island I have never seen. I can see how it would be really easy to open it up out there. Over the past few years I've noticed more and more bikes down in the Outer Banks. I would love to take the fizzer down there sometime. 340 miles from here to there though is a lot for me to swallow. I'm not too crazy about all the salt in the air. Might as well dip it in the ocean. There is a Harley place before you get on the island that rents bikes. I thought that would be awesome until I found out how much it cost: 7 days for $650 :eek:.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you talking from say okracoke, to the ferry, to hatteras?? yes, the roads there are awsome, except for the police and SAND!!!... yea i looked into renting a harley last time i was down to visit my cousin (who lives right on the beach that a$$h0!e) and it was way to expensive....

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I got stopped by the RCMP in Jasper National Park in Canada. They had a nice little speed trap in a 60 kph zone that everybody thinks is 90. I was very very lucky in that I have (almost) a clean record on the bike...he let us go with a warning but it would have been a $360 ticket.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i havent been caught speeding yet but did get scooped pulling a wheelie past and unmarked cop car, was pretty gutted when he turned the lights on but he just called me d*!@K and told me to wise up, (i was more shocked to find a down to earth cop) but i was lucky!!

I think you were VERY lucky to get away with that :spank:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com

Personal experience with AFB police giving me a moving violation.... it does in fact go on your driving record. (explained in detail to me by the Judge of Pierce County, when I tried to claim my first moving violation in WA state some 2 months after that event....)

As McChord AFB is federal land, enforced by rentacops working for the AFB, I have to equate that with a park ranger on federal land.

A civil infraction should not go on your driving record, no matter where you get popped, of course.

It's probably different on an Indian reservation..... that is by definition NOT part of the US.

dad24hungrykids

Reaction score
Visit site
that is a good place for rangers to nail people trying to make the ferry. don't the drop the schedule this time of year to every 2 hours 5am until midnight or something. I know I have tore thru that stretch before trying to make a boat so I didn't have to wait for the next one..
I have never seen a state trooper on Ocracoke...come to think of it. I don't think I've seen a trooper anywhere out there past Nags Head.

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
we get a trooper almost every weekend in the summer,and any time there is a wreck. The rest of the time we dont even wear seatbelts in the village,speed limit is 25mph and the local cops are not that bad unles you ask for it. Park Rangers do their dirt on ocracoke then become troopers. POWER TRIP.