First stand up comedy open mic.

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
So last week I decided that I wanted to try stand up comedy. I have always enjoyed watching it but never had the balls to try it. Last night I finally did it. I worked for a week maybe a week and a half developing an act and went for it. I think it turned out decently considering the room only had 10-15 people in it.

Let me know what you think!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oleLdIgO8P0]‪Chuck Porter Comedy Debut 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats for having the guts to do it.

You know, you're actually quite funny :D

You were confident and didn't have any long silences. I liked the canned vegie one.

Good luck for the future :cheer:

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats for having the guts to do it.

You know, you're actually quite funny :D

You were confident and didn't have any long silences. I liked the canned vegie one.

Good luck for the future :cheer:

Thanks! I was so freaking nervous but I just did what I could. I think I could be much better once I settle down a bit. Its all for fun, I don't need to make a living off comedy. I just really enjoy making people laugh.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Your 1st time performance is funnier than some celebrity "comedians" I can think of. Props for going on stage. :thumbup:

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
No joke, I was wondering about the same thing about Trojan condoms a while ago lol. You did pretty good, keep it up! :thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
GOOD JOB!! You did really good !! you had a running gag,"with the left in the dark",self deprecation, social profiling with the height jokes,pop culture with the shark week,and you delivered quite well for your first time on stage!! :rockon: :thumbup: :thumbup: keep at it!! you have the potential to make some money!! :BLAA:

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the encouraging words and advice guys! I really do appreciate you all taking the time to check out the video! Keep it on two :thumbup:

DDS

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like a really hard crowd to be honest, but good job, I laughed a few times!

Not sure about the seal gag unless you're going to go a lot further with it, didn't feel like the scene was set enough but you did really well and the material was sound. Best of luck with more practice you'll get better with your punch lines :D

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like a really hard crowd to be honest, but good job, I laughed a few times!

Not sure about the seal gag unless you're going to go a lot further with it, didn't feel like the scene was set enough but you did really well and the material was sound. Best of luck with more practice you'll get better with your punch lines :D

Yeah I made that one up the day before. It needs some ironing out and development, but hey I gave it a shot! Thanks!

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I always wanted to be a stand up comedian but my legs hurt
smiley-drumroll.gif

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done, Chuck! I'd mix up the "*****" joke every now and then by ending it with "it's completely and totally true!" :))

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent job! I have always wanted to give that a shot...
Please tell me you a few had shots prior...There is no way I could even think about doing that with out a few nerve reducers..

The best part, you didn't try to copy anyone, you were just you, and that was funny!!

Well done!

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent job! I have always wanted to give that a shot...
Please tell me you a few had shots prior...There is no way I could even think about doing that with out a few nerve reducers..

The best part, you didn't try to copy anyone, you were just you, and that was funny!!

Well done!

Nope, completely sober!

Thanks guys!

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
funny material, if you didn't mention it was your first time i wouldn't have guessed. Hopefully you will keep uploading links of your future gigs as well.

keep up the good work !

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
The WORST part of the whole routine is that it ended in only 5 minutes :thumbup: great stuff!! especially for your first time! I haven't laughed that many times at a comedy act in i don't know how long. Looking forward to future gigs!

Seriously kudos to you for having the ca hones to go up there and do it !!:thumbup: