First ride of the season, first ride naked.

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
It was beautiful today, so I did my season opener oil change and safety check, and went for about a 2 hour ride. Really enjoying the conversion!

IMG_3603.JPG

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3605.jpg

Last edited:

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a friend randomly show up and wanted to ride for a few hours. Over a little over 100 miles on the bike today. Not a bad way to start the season.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No no no no! Ya gotta take pictures! :rockon:

Let the riding begin!

How was the naked riding?

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
No no no no! Ya gotta take pictures! :rockon:

Let the riding begin!

How was the naked riding?

It was awesome, feels like a different bike. Here's some of my observations:

1. Slightly more engine noise. Not enough to be distracting, but noticeable.
2. LOTS more wind on the chest. I prefer this, with my front flaps open on my jacket, it would puff up the back.
3. My helmet generates lift at > 75mph. Not enough to be concerning, but something to keep in mind. May be specific to my helmet.
4. I "feel" more open when riding. Not sure how to explain it, but I don't feel as "contained" when I'm riding. I like this, as it's part of the reason why I started riding, freedom and openness.
5. I just enjoy the esthetics more of the bike this way. Being in my mid 40's, I felt the factory cowlings gave it an "old guy" look, and I don't feel old yet, so no reason to look "old" yet.
6. I really like to placement of the mirrors, but being 6-4, I have big hands, and I feel like I've lost some spacing on my grips. Previously I would right with the outer 2 fingers on the weights, and that's not possible now. Still trying to find a solution for this. Anyone know of a wider set of bars?

Last edited: