First Drive Through Beer Run in FZ6 (Or any motorcycle)!

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
I always wanted to do it on the motorcycle! Last night I was driving by the Beer Barn (actually Keller Beverage Co in Keller, TX), after a ride that was not to have anything to do with adult refreshing beverages, and I just had to pull in! I have the Shad side cases on Sarah, so I rode through the barn and I ordered a couple 6 packs of Michelob Ultra Amber in bottles. I kept waiting for the guy to ask for my ID, but he must have seen the grey in the beard even with the helmet on. About $14 later and a quick hop off the bike to be sure the "cargo" was loaded-1 pack in each side case safely and I was on my way.

My wife was happy--it's her favorite beer. I done good. Trying to decide what I want to do next on the bike!

fz6pete

Reaction score
Visit site
Jeff - Being a Texan myself I understand completely but perhaps we have to explain this oddity to our brothers in other states and outside of U.S. To those reading this, Texas has these "barns" where you can drive through to buy liquor and beer, without getting out of your car errrr off your bike.

One of the funniest parts, at least in one I drove through in College Station, Texas (I'm an Aggie) is to keep in line with the law they would put a piece of tape over the straw of a drink so you would not be considered driving with an open container, I am not kidding.

Do other states/countries have these things?

Y'all drive safe now hehe-Pete:iconbeer:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
We do have a few drive through liquor stores here. Too drunk to get out of your car?? Just pull right up to the window!!!
My favorite store around here is one that has "LIQUOR AND AMMO" in giant letters across the top of it!!! What a great combination for the hunter in a hurry!!! :spank: Makes me chuckle every time I drive by it!! I think Dick Cheney shops there!! :D

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Im in Montana and we dont even have these AWESOME barns! I am thinking of relocating to either Australia so I can learn to speak Aussie, or Texas so I can drive through a barn to get my booze! Genius!

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
We have a few drive thru "Bottle Shops" as we call em in Oz.
I wish there were more & that they provided the service you guys get.
Most of em I park in the breeze way but still need to get off the bike.

Would make life a whole lot easier balancing a slab on the tank if they bought it to me :thumbup:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is nothing like this out here in Oregon. I think it's a great idea. You can go drive through milk stands but booze, no sir. I imagine it's an OLCC thing. Oregon Liquor Control Commission. :spank:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just about every pub in Australia has a "Drive-Thru" or "Bottle-O" as we like to call them.

We'd be lost without them...

:beer:

Last edited:

bergj1986

Helmet Hair
Reaction score
Visit site
There are a few places here in South FL where you can get beer and other things from a convienence store without having to leave your car. However, they're usually in sketchy areas anyway so you'd probably be glad you don't have to get out of your car and risk someone shootin' your 40oz.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the most Fantastic invetion ever..i love it..the closest i got around here are Beer home deliveries

runforfun7

Reaction score
Visit site
North Carolina has something along those lines called Brew Thru. I know the Outer Banks (Kill Devil Hills) has at least one. Not sure how wide spread they are in the state though.