First Bike - FZ6

FZ6_mk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I passed my test at the end of summer, and on 3 Dec, I purchased my first bike from Honda Grafton in Milton Keynes. Excellent customer service, and I highly recommend them.

The bike is a 2008 '58 Yamaha FZ6 S2, with just over 10k on the clock. Completely standard, and full service history. I believe I got a good deal on it, maybe you guys can be the judge?

Was up for £3,200, negotiated to £2,600 with a service which means its actually had two extra services than what is required to date. One previous owner and spotless condition wise.

Day I picked it up:

Fazer3Dec12.jpg

Few more pictures:

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

Absolutely great bike and I feel its really easy to ride as a first bike. Nice and light. I nearly went for a Suzuki GSX 650F - really glad I didnt.

Was finding my fingertips getting extremely cold in this weather, so received these as a Birthday present today. Fitted in 10 minutes, my new Tucano Urbano R361:

IMG_2311.jpg

Just went out for a ride, it is about -1 - 0c, and what a difference. Well worth the £40 from eBay, and I highly recommend them. I was only going to go around the block, so put on some thin'ish summer gloves (as oppose to thicker winter gloves I normally use) and they were so warm, I ended up being out for an hour and warm hands when I got back home. Very impressed.

Need another mod now, what next?

Let me know what you guys think.

Zo.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the bike, it's a great one being as it's the fast blue! Love the backgrounds in the photos! Do you work there?

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
That bike is sexy, I like that decals being removed from the fairing. Looks sharp. Have fun, be safe and don't do what I do.

kreed0501

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the beautiful new bike! I bought MY first bike (Cobalt blue '08 FZ6) in October and the smile has not left my face since!! I, too, had issues with cold hands. There are about 6 weeks in Austin where we can get down into the 20s in the mornings and I want to use my FZ6 to make my 60-mile round trip commute. I bit the bullet last week and bought the Gerbings G3 gloves and life is good now. I bought '08 FZ6 with 4800 miles, a SHAD top case, a pair of gloves, a Frank Thomas leather jacket (happened to fit me perfectly), a bike cover, a large clear touring screen (in addition to the stock screen) and multiple cans of chain and bike cleaning supplies- all for $4700 US. Enjoy your new toy and be careful!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the Forum!
A mod I would suggest is the duel headlight. A couple of the forum members created their own versions, Motogiro and BD43. Oh, and the mirror extenders that Jerry makes.

FZ6_mk

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all.

Just to be clear, the bike is black.. though I do actually prefer the blue.

I don't work at Red Bull, I wish I did. Im just lucky enough to live a couple minutes from the racing team's HO.

Dual headlight - will be looking into that!

I have £80 to spend on the bike as I had to return the birthday present I was bought (motorcycle trousers), and I'm thinking of getting those LED indicator mirrors from Ebay US. And a tail tidy.

Will let you know how I get on.