First Bike, 04 fz6

yamahafz6.

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, I finally got my first bike. Ive wanted a motorcyle since I was 10. Now being 17 and legally able to get my motorcycle liscense in louisiana. My dad and I looked around for a while, the ninja 250, and the cbr 250 were options. But I didint want to grow out of a smaller bike. So we brought home the fz6. I think it was the best choice. Just pretty excited to have my own bike.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My first bike also about 7
Moths ago everything in one package enjoy it ride safe make sure you get good gear don't be stingy on the gear it's the only thing between you an the road

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I personally would have gone with a Ninja 250 as a first bike. Be very careful when you get more comfortable with the FZ6. The first time I gunned it in first gear (after riding my Ninja 250 for 8K miles) it scared the crap out of me and I almost lost control.
Good luck and gear up!

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new bike; it'll be bike that you'll love for a long long time but... please be very careful...

I started out on a Ninja 500R *no prior experiences* and even on that kind of scared for me a while; I've logged 8k miles on that 500R and thought I've mastered it so I took it to track and man was I wrong; the 500R had so much more to offer then I thought possible.

Anyways; what I'm trying to get at is that the FZ6 is a "sleeper" bike; very tame and docile in the lower range but once you crank that throttle you'll in for a rude surprise if you're not ready so ride carefully for the first few thousands miles but other then that ; enjoy your bike :)

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to this wonderful place, be careful and wear all the gear all the time

btw... I can't believe that from thousands of members no one didn't use that nick :eek:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:When I was 17 I crashed my 1st car, but that was just me being 17. I know it's different today, kids are much more mature. I sure it would have been better if I had a 600cc 97hp sport bike instead., I would have been a lot more carefull. :rockon:

Dude you're so lucky to have a great dad that would let you get a sport bike to learn on as you learn how to drive on the public streets. Wait untill you take it out on the highway when no ones around at 120mph, it's a Blast. :thumbup: Your friends will love your new bike.:cheer:

Look into getting a TB exhaust it sound great, and adds just a few more hp.:D

Post photos.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the bike. I'll 2nd what everyone else has said and say be careful, and MAKE SURE TO GET GEAR!!!! Being 17 your still learning the road and most likely you will have a fall or 2, I'm not wishing anything bad on its just facts, and when you do go down it will be a lot better if your ATGATT all the gear all the time. That being said don't let it discourage you, enjoy the incredible machine, respect it, and don't get ****y. It's one thing to know what's under the hood but another thing to drive like your trying to prove it.

I'm saying all this because I know how I was at 17, I had already had 4 different cars and trucks, blew 3 engines, and had already got over 10 tickets and had paid out about $10,000 in fines and lawyer fees. If I would have got a bike at 17 I don't think I would have lived to see 18. I don't think I learned my lesson until about 3yrs ago, and I see what everybody was trying to tell me now. So have fun but be safe!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there..welcome and congratulations on your first bike. It is a great machine. Treat it with respect and it will serve you well

Remember to keeps the revs down while you are learning and getting used to this bike. It is very deceiving how powerful the bike will become once you cross over the 7k-8k mark on the tach. And no worries - you won't suddenly arrive at 12k rpm by accident it would be a conscious decision to do so and you had best be ready when that time comes.

Ride it easy and conservative to learn what you and the bike are capable of. Once your skills come up the bike will be there to grow with you.
And of course as a few others mentioned - gear up and be religious about AGATT

Peace
FB