First Accident

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
So I had my first accident Thursday. Made a stupid mistake and lubed my chain too much and didn't pay attention and make sure it wasn't going to go all over the place was in too much of a hurry to go for a ride. Pulled out at the end of the road and oil was on the tire and down i went. Luckily not too much damage to me or the bike. Looks like all i did was shatter my blue puig racing windscreen and maybe my passenger mirror didn't really look it over too well was in too much pain

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
Just some bruising on my right hip and lower back plus man parts. Going to go look at it later today and see all whats wrong. Just picked up back up off the road rode it back to my parents and put in the the garage and preceded to get in my car and drive home to tend to my pain

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just some bruising on my right hip and lower back plus man parts. Going to go look at it later today and see all whats wrong. Just picked up back up off the road rode it back to my parents and put in the the garage and preceded to get in my car and drive home to tend to my pain

Auch... Speedy recovery for you and hope it's just minor stuff about your bike! Luckily it was at low speed...

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
that s bad to hear. very sorry for your off. at least you came out in pretty good shape.

as for the bike the damage seems minimal, however i would change the bracket that holds the fairing to the frame (bottom hex bolt under the u piece), as those are the first things to go out of shape in an off.

Daniel_Aus

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your stack.

This post is interesting because just recently another user posted about being worried about getting lube on the tire. What sort of lube were you using and roughly how much actually went on the tire?

A good solution to this is to cut a piece of a cardboard box long and rectangular and slip it between the swingarm and wheel while you spray the lube. This way none of it will go on the tire.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your accident but luckily you're relatively OK :thumbup:, sorry to hear about the bike :(.

You could also use the bottle method to avoid getting lube on the tyre, as described here

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
Well totally disappointed that I cant get a blue windscreen for my bike:( anymore seeing as puig stopped making them. So much for an all blue bike I guess. Ordered a smoke one from indysuperbikes hopefully it and my new chain get here soon so I can get the bike fixed up and go for my first ride of the season after I finish healing up that is.