Finally...

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
Will have it home in about a week - but it's MINE now..

I can stop trolling the forum and be an actual bike owning member! :)

2014-01-22+12.21.32.jpg

2014-01-22+12.40.46.jpg

'09 FZ6 in the color I wanted even.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I see by your pic you got it at WOW in Marietta, one of my old trolling spots too, they're good folks.

Enjoy your ride, but you may want to wait until it warms up a little there, usually around first week of March.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! Is this your first bike?

I bought mine new in 2006 as my first bike and still have it, still love it! Heck that was 8 years of fun and plan to keep it as long as I can ride it! :thumbup:

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I see by your pic you got it at WOW in Marietta, one of my old trolling spots too, they're good folks.

Enjoy your ride, but you may want to wait until it warms up a little there, usually around first week of March.

Yessir, Mr Putney took good care of me. :)

Yah the goal is, one slightly warm afternoon to get it home, then I get to stare at it until all this cold goes back to the Artic. Brrr.....

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! Is this your first bike?

I bought mine new in 2006 as my first bike and still have it, still love it! Heck that was 8 years of fun and plan to keep it as long as I can ride it! :thumbup:

It is, years of wanting and waiting until my girls were a bit older has finally arrived. My MSF course last fall basically put it in my blood that this needed to occur - asap! :D

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to *everyone* - I have to say with months of bike reviews, and forum trolling to ask questions before making the decision and pulling the trigger - this is the *best* motorcycle forum with the most helpful riders of them all.

:Sport:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had this bike 8 years and there still is not a bike available in this price range that I would want more. Absolute best bang for the buck and you get a LOT of performance for the price.

Just curious, how many miles on yours and what did it set you back from a dealer?

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had this bike 8 years and there still is not a bike available in this price range that I would want more. Absolute best bang for the buck and you get a LOT of performance for the price.

Just curious, how many miles on yours and what did it set you back from a dealer?

WOW motorcycles is generally EXPENSIVE my guess is darn close or into
the $5,000 mark?

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site

The speedo was on the high side for bikes of it's age at 28k, but on an '09 that speaks to me of good riding, and not much idling (better for the bike, eh?). No drops - kept in great condition (looks garaged no weathering - garage care will continue!)

$3270 was WoW's price, after it had dropped from $3670 (I went down there the day it dropped, I knew it wouldn't sit long at that price even with all this cold)

yamihoe - I dunno if WoW knows how awesome the FZ6 is - they have a few more there all under 4k right now whereas equivalent ST bikes from other brands seem to be a bit more (Ninja 650's in the high 4's just like what you were thinking, indeed.)

Last edited:

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW is like 4 miles from me!!!

we can ride! lol

Indeed, I need some time to get used to it, but I am down for some riding once this damn weather turns.. Got a gang of my buds that have been waiting for me to pull the trigger - springtime, hurry UP.

I actually work a few miles north of WoW in Kennesaw (basically across old 41 and 41 from the cobb airport). I'm in your neck of the woods on a daily basis.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I live over off of chastain...

you dont need to wait for the weather, just bundle up lol

If you want a hand I can ride with you or help setup the bike, I do have a few miles on a FZ6 somewhere around 35,000miles rain or shine, including the COLD :D

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a bad price at all. Miles don't mean much if it was well maintained. There are 100K mile FZ6's out there. You might have been able to find one with a bit less miles for that price from a private seller but at least with a shop usually there is a return period if you find something they didn't disclose or there is something majorly wrong with the bike.