Finally started paying it all back.....

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
As a few of you know from my intro thread, I started out on two wheels with a Chinese scooter. Bikers helped me out a lot. All my kit (except helmet, gloves and warmth layers) are hand me downs from bikers at work. The biker driving the council mobility bus who stopped off when I didn't have a spare spark plug and loaded the bike onto the wheelchair ramp. The biker out jogging who came back ten minutes later pushing a tool trolley from his garage. The biker who picked me up with his land rover in the snow, and then we spent several hours pulling cars out of ditches as he drove me home. The group of sports bikers who, whilst I was homeward bounders from a night shift one Sunday morning, rode with me to force some idiot Audi driver to give me space. My local garage who picked the bike up from home at no charge. Who sent the head off for its helicoil, effectively did a full top end rebuild, and then only charged me for the helicoil itself. Who, while they were busy with dead and dying bikes one particularly bad day, let me use their tools and workshop to try (successfully) and get the bike going again while I waited , so I could get to work the next day.

I was about 10 miles from home tonight when I saw in the dark, what I thought was, a bike on its side at the edge of the road with no one about. So I managed to get turned around and went back to look for the rider, assuming they'd be in a snotty heap having come off. It turned out it wasn't on its side, it was just a cruiser, Yammy Dragstar, and really low down. The rider was fine, stood on a safe spot opposite the bike, just frustrated at having run out of fuel. His mate was coming from a town about 30 miles away, in rush hour traffic, it'd have taken ages. So I nipped home, got my gallon can, chucked it in a rucksack and bought him a gallon of fuel. I dropped it off and helped him syphon it into his tank (I really can't find that spout! Lol).

Just a little more karma to repay..............

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good man!! Wish there were more folks like you around :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
proof
what comes around goes around

good on you, we need more samaritans in this world

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The rider was fine, stood on a safe spot opposite the bike, just frustrated at having run out of fuel. His mate was coming from a town about 30 miles away, in rush hour traffic, it'd have taken ages. So I nipped home, got my gallon can, chucked it in a rucksack and bought him a gallon of fuel. I dropped it off and helped him syphon it into his tank (I really can't find that spout! Lol).

Just a little more karma to repay..............

I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago, so now I have purchased a mini Siphon pump (Lowes purchase - thanks Skybow) and keep in my backpack, which I always have with me as I travel to and from work so the next time I run into somebody who needs a splash I can give it to them on the spot. :thumbup: