Finally ordered some Pazzos!

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I know a few other members of the forum have gotten Pazzos for their bike, particularly since bikegearwarehouse has had them for $209 with free delivery and I finally decided to stop procrastinating and buy them!!!!

There was quite a few similar looking items on Ebay from the 55-75$ mark, mainly from China, but after such disclaimers as "race only, take no responsibility if they fail/brake, no liability" etc I decided I'd go with the brand that has proven it can be trusted!

I'm really looking forward to getting them as with winter gloves on its harder to stretch out to fingers and grab the brake lever where its at now!

Does anyone have an opinion on changing the gearing by the way? I'm considering it next, and wanted more grunt down low, and I seem to remember other people here have already done it (Wolfman amongst others I think).

Also looking at a radiator guard and hel brake lines, both from an Aussie dealer, but they come to about $400 all up :( will have to wait for now

Thanks for any help!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine from BGW ,very ,very quick delivery too :thumbup:
As for the gearing,I went down one on the front and couldn't be happier.
2 of the best mods I have done.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the same deal from them a few months ago. You'll LOVE them. You've got the same bike colour as me - what colour did you get? I got black regulary length with red tabs. Looks great.

Also went down -1 on the front. Fricken awesome, cheap mod :D You want more grunt lower down, this'll do it.

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Noice...be waiting for the pics:thumbup::D

As for the gearing. I went -2 on the front, and it was great, but I reckon if I was to do it again, I'd probably go -1 instead, and maybe +1 on the rear. Definitely makes a world of difference though.:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go -2 Kris......It's nbot that "radical", and gives you much better drive down low.....-2,+1 is probably a bit much for most, but i love that gearing combination too...but top gear is no longer an overdrive gear...no problem if you are not touring....

-1 is a bit of a waste of time IMHO!

Have not tryed -1, +1.....Might be worth trying?

:thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies!
I got the same Kazza, figured black fitted the engine best, while the red matched the stripe, and went for regular length since I wasn't sure if I would like shorties, and also figured better safe than sorry!

The -1 or -2 actually sounds really good, as I think it would make my commuting a bit easier with more power easily within reach. Top gear being a bit more torque-y wouldn't bother me either, I rarely use it even on the long hauls, I prefer lots of hills and bends and like to be sitting in the powerband :p

Is it easy to change the gearing yourself? I'm imagining the front is ALOT easier than the back for the obvious reasons. Do you need to change your chain etc or is it just the different sprocket (that the right word?).

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't changed the rear, but the front sprocket was a piece of P155. Nothing to it. JT sprocket - cost about $30. Didn't have to change the chain. I put a speedo healer on at the same time. I think -1 on the front changed it by about 11% from memory. Healer fixed it straight away. That too was easy to do. Mike, having man fingers, had a bit of trouble feeding the wiring through, but with my girlie hands, I saved the day :D

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Found the ebay seller, will have to wait for some money to accumulate again for my next order :D

Here are some pics of my Pazzos in the meantime!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The tabs where less red that I would have liked (not quite the same bright red as the stripe), but overall I'm really happy the front of the bike looks much nicer, with the colours matching better!
Now its those ugly rearsets and passengers pegs that need to be replaced or painted, and the headers :D!!!