Finally getting my license ;)

Frostbite155

Reaction score
Visit site
Wazaaaup guys :D
just thought i'd tell you all, i'll be going for my license tomorrow @ noon, so you will have a new 16yo rider with you soon :)

Just to say i've been riding alot with my dad whos been riding all his life the six months i have had my permit, and i've taken the basic ridercourse last fall, and i plan on taking it again now in spring (i didnt have my C class license back then so i was ineligible to get my mc license from that course). Wish me luck, i promise not to do anything stupid, my FZ6 and its power will get every piece of respect and caution it deserves :thumbup:

-Frost

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck! Just to clarify, you have the FZ already and used it during your 6 month permit period, or did you use another moto? Gawd, I won't even ask what insurance for a 16 year old is on an FZ6. Whereabouts in PA are you? Lemme know if you're near Philly. Have fun and be safe!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck young man! Sounds like your dad was a good coach. I'm assuming you are taking the skills test?

Frostbite155

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck! Just to clarify, you have the FZ already and used it during your 6 month permit period, or did you use another moto? Gawd, I won't even ask what insurance for a 16 year old is on an FZ6. Whereabouts in PA are you? Lemme know if you're near Philly. Have fun and be safe!

I've been riding my FZ6 since i got my permit, and insurance really wasnt THAT bad + the rebates one gets from the completion of Basic Ridercourse. I hail from Lancaster, so not that far from Philly :)

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you pass! I did basically the same thing but i was 17 and I had an 85 honda v30, and oh ya i didnt have my license. I live in a town of 3000 so i can ride out in the country with low traffic and no cops. Im 19 now and rode 8500 miles on my FZ last year from wen i got it in may.

Wear your gear and helmet all the time! Never know wen something can happen.

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding my FZ6 since i got my permit, and insurance really wasnt THAT bad + the rebates one gets from the completion of Basic Ridercourse. I hail from Lancaster, so not that far from Philly :)

Ah Lancaster. My roomate is from Lebanon. Well, right outside Lebanon. I picked up a copy of Mad Maps Get Outta Town Philadelphia edition, had 6 rides in it. And like 2 went through Lancaster of course. Perhaps I'll be over there sometime when the weather gets a bit nicer.