FINALLY a proud FZ6 owner!!!!

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
Been a member here for almost 3 years now... Did a lot of digging around, research, etc. Always knew I liked the FZ6 but when it came purchase time things didn't work out perfectly. Ended up with the Wee-Strom, a great bike in its own right.

Thought I was going to get to trade in for a new Fizzer last summer but the most ridiculous hail storm in history made short work of my truck and depleted my savings.

Finally got the Strom paid off this winter, put it up for sale a couple weeks ago and then all of a sudden, the heavens opened up... The most excellent offer of all time, trade my Strom for a 2008 FZ6??? HECK YES!!!

Made my first unofficial Iron Butt trip today to make the swap-a-roo, just under 1100 miles in about 18 hours. I'm a little saddle-sore, but I was all smiles on the way home. 550 mile first ride is a great way to get to know your new bike!!! :cheer:

Time for me to crash, I'll have pics in the morning after I wash the 5000 bugs off of her... Thanks to Wade (a member here) for the awesome trade a possibility!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice little story....Welcome to the great little place called FZ6 ownership.

Cant wait to see your pic's...

:thumbup:

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats ... Just got back from a long -drive:(- myself, from Florida back to Missouri. I sure envy your ride home, I saw all you guys out there enjoying your rides as my two children argued with each other in the back seat. Enjoyed our trip but glad to be getting back in the saddle again, gonna have to take the bike to go see mom today. :cheer:

Post those pics ... then go get it dirty again!!!

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
NICE TRADE!

Congrats on the trade, that is a good deal. There are a lot of good deals on these bikes out there. I guess I am biased since I am in love with my bike, but I would have paid twice as much for it had I known how much fun it was going to be! The engine is a thing of beauty, isn't it?

Does it have any mods? Do you have plans for it?

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
Sorry guys, pics will have to wait till tomorrow. I'm in the restaurant biz and Mother's Day is one of our busiest, almost $30,000 in sales so far today/tonight!

Yes it is a blast to ride so far, this is the first I-4 powered bike I've owned, completely different feeling. I'm still surprised about how much bottom-end it has, Yamaha did a great job tuning that engine.

As far as mods, it's already got: 2 bros carbon pipes, heated grips, new levers, tank protector, CF gas cap, and LED rear turn signals.

My planned mods are including but not limited to: belly pan, rim stripes, new seat, tinted windscreen, matching front turn signals.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Time for me to crash, I'll have pics in the morning after I wash the 5000 bugs off of her... Thanks to Wade (a member here) for the awesome trade a possibility!

"Crash" may not have been the best word choice! :BLAA:

Don't do that.

Good to hear your story. I have had my FZ6 for 5 years and am so glad I chose it over the SV650 I was considering....

This bike has it all; performance, looks, reliability, power, fuel economy, versatility. I'm planning my 2,000 mile trip of the Appalachian Mountains for this summer...can't wait to put down some miles!

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
As promised, here's a few pics...

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

Need to give it a nice detailing and stage a "photo shoot" for her. Big question before I get going with the farkles... Do I add some color to it, or continue its transformation into the "Stealth Fighter"?

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I might be doing the same as you... However, I am actually coming back to an FZ6 (has an '07 for two years)... My '09 V-strom is for sale and I have my eye on an '09 FZ6... Hopefullu things will click into to place and within the next week or so I will have an FZ6 again...:thumbup:

Richard