Feeler: Stock Centerstand

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to see if anyone is interested in a stock center-stand with all mounting hardware and springs (Most of the eBay sales that I have seen do not include the hardware/spring).

I would likely ask $28 + Shipping.

Please let me know; otherwise it is going to be a spare!

Thank You!

Scott
[email protected]

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a good deal for someone who is in need of one. Mine is working fine

What you are offering will make someone happy..its a very reasonable price.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a good deal for someone who is in need of one. Mine is working fine

What you are offering will make someone happy..its a very reasonable price.

Thank you for the bump!

I know that a number of people have bought a bike without the stand because the previous owner removed/misplaced it. Definitely a worthwhile part to have; maintenance is a breeze!

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I just use my little jack/lift thingy. I'm still trying to decide if I like the look without the center stand so much that it's worth taking off.

Besides, if I need the center stand for something quick and I don't need the front wheel off the ground, sticking the stand in there and jamming the bolts in and just putting the nuts on a few turns takes 2 minutes. With 1:45 of that being walking around cussing trying to find my center stand.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
I just use my little jack/lift thingy. I'm still trying to decide if I like the look without the center stand so much that it's worth taking off.

Besides, if I need the center stand for something quick and I don't need the front wheel off the ground, sticking the stand in there and jamming the bolts in and just putting the nuts on a few turns takes 2 minutes. With 1:45 of that being walking around cussing trying to find my center stand.

How do you just jam the bolts in? I have to remove my side stand to get one of the bolts in?

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
How do you just jam the bolts in? I have to remove my side stand to get one of the bolts in?

You have to remove the sidestand to get the centerstand off the first time because the bolts go in from the outside. When you are jamming the bolts in to use the centerstand for a quickie, just put the left-side bolts in with the bolt heads towards the center of the bike. You don't need the nut on since the stand is only there temporarily.

That is what I always did for lubing the chain and whatnot. I never used the centerstand when riding so it was a free weight reduction.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
You have to remove the sidestand to get the centerstand off the first time because the bolts go in from the outside. When you are jamming the bolts in to use the centerstand for a quickie, just put the left-side bolts in with the bolt heads towards the center of the bike. You don't need the nut on since the stand is only there temporarily.

That is what I always did for lubing the chain and whatnot. I never used the centerstand when riding so it was a free weight reduction.

sorry for asking, but how did you use the centerstand for a quickie if the left side bolt for the stand is not in yet? i need to install and take out quite often so i hope you can share your steps with me.

if your stand is still available, i am interested.. depending on shipping charges.