fazer clocks

tom67

Reaction score
Visit site
just got my 08 fazer s2 out yesterday after its winter hibernation,started first time ,took it for a little blast to make sure everyting ok,just pulled into my street when the clocks died. Indercators,highbeam,neutral light all work plus the flashing immobalizer light works to nothing else works.i have checked all the fuses all are fine, had a look behind clocks to see if connector had come out but seems fine, any ideas anyone.:(

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you unhook anything on the battery? It might have been making enough contact to start but when riding it worked its self loose?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
What exactly are you referring to when you say "clocks"?
The tachometer?
Speedometer?
The actual clock?

And if your positive that all the fuses are good as well as the connections, I would start to trace the wires back and look for any breaks, cuts, or any bad spot in the wires. Especially look where the wires enter the frame.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Unplug the instrument cluster and inspect the plugs. There is a possibility a wire has been damaged. Every year people take their bike out of winter storage to find a rodent has nested or found a hiding place and they gnaw a wire or hose to bits.

tom67

Reaction score
Visit site
what i mean by the clocks have died is the lcd display is not working, the rev counter is not working,it does not do its sweep when you first turn the ignition on, it does not look like there has been any damage to the wires,looks like its just going to have to go to the dealers to sort out.
Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Grouse

Reaction score
Visit site
It's worth a look at the connector on the ECU. I had some corrosion on mine 1 of the problems was that the LCD and rev counter did not work. There was also some corrosion the connectors that are on the side of the fairing.

tom67

Reaction score
Visit site
Got bike out to take to the dealers this morning and the clocks were working :D,its due its 12000 miles service and mot anyway,but will ring them and ask them to check the connections you mentioned, hopefully thats all it is bad connections.BY the way did cleaning the connections get your rev counter and lcd working again.
thanks again.

Last edited:

tom67

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked my bike up from dealers today,all serviced and mot for another year,they checked all the wiring and connectors to the clocks and the ecu and ones inside the the fairing but found nothing wrong.Every thing working fine fingers crossed it stays that way.