Fast acceleration from a stop

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike really dislikes a prolonged period of clutch slip. It squeals like the proverbial pig:spank:.
I put my weight forward, have my left foot ready to shift up to second. Rev the engine up to 7000 - 8000 rpm. Gently feather the throttle until I am rolling and then let it out fully. Once the revs reach the red-line I knock it up into second.
It never ceases to amaze me how quick it is [the bike] off the line:eek:
The ultimate goal is to get the clutch out as quickly as possible whilst increasing the revs.

Good luck fellas

Nelly

I'm glad someone mentioned putting your wieght over the front wheel (or lurching forward as someone else said) I would think that for most peope it is hard to wheelie from a stop if they are leaning forward and they clutch is slipped rather than popped....

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PMSL!!!!!

You're not gonna believe this... but I do exactly the opposite to you!!! Index and middle fingers on the brake lever!!!

ROFLMAO....It just goes to show how different people get comfortable with different styles:thumbup:. My fingers are a tad on the nuggety side:eek:...lol. So the index gets a squish if i leave it on the grip. The others are further away from the pivot point so there is more room for them. My clutch is right next to the friction point with my two smaller fingers pinned:thumbup:...lol. I get good throttle control with my index wrapped around the grip and with the brake adjustment the handle is easily close enough to get a good grip with 3 fingers:cheer:. i can also blip the throttle on down changes while braking this way.:D All works for me...lol...as no doubt yours does for you:rockon:.
Cheers
Mike

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
yea, I agree to most of these! Just be careful with that clutch...don't drop it. I pulled an 8,000RPM fast accel, got about halfway through the intersection and then dropped the clutch. Front wheel liftoff in 3...2...1...BAM. Wasn't ready for it and it came up a good 2feet...

kept calm, brought it down slower than it went up, and she came up 1-2inches on the shift, but yea...weight forward, clutch work :)