Fairing Paint Scheme Ideas Please

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have decided that my Fazer is going yellow. This is the scheme I have in mind, on this XJR 1300. My concern is the fairing. I have a 2004 so the fairing is a bit more intricate than on the later models, so if anyone has an idea how to incorporate the fairing into this scheme I'd appreciate hearing them!

yamaha-xjr-1300-50-ans-2-1.jpg

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I have an 05 so we share the same faring. I would suggest not trying to carry over that grey striped pattern that goes along the bottom of the tank, onto the faring. I would stick with painting each 'section' of the fairing in solid colours (yellow, grey and white), but staying in the same colour pattern. Leave the detail to the tank and side cowels.

Paint the upper portions of the fairing in yellow, then the lower sections in grey and maybe even a stripe of white. In fact, if it were me, I'd forget the pattern altogether and stick with yellow, dark grey/black and maybe some white/silver. Sometimes less is more.

My $0.02 anyway.

Last edited:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing, maybe paint the main fairing body section yellow and the "gills" black, possibly with a white section in the middle like the tailpiece?

I'm also in two minds about the front mudguard, yellow or black....

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
My .02 - treat the fairing like a continuation of the tank - start the stripe behind the gills and paint the gills themselves black. I think if you stripe something you have commit to striping it all. Also I'd consider printing out some side shots in black and white (or at least of a black and silver 04/05) and then mark up it up with a couple of variations of the pattern and see what your eye fancies. When you lay the stripes pick a couple of base measured points but mostly do it by eye - you want it to look right - especially given the bulge in the side of the FZ tank.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's too angular to do with the front fairing. If you go naked, the scheme will fit much better. My .02