F/E trouble

dominator10

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2008 model. I bought a Rumble Concepts fender eliminator and when I received it it did not fit. I contacted Rumble Concepts and they told me it should fit and if I send it back, they will refund my money. So I ordered a Puig fender eliminator and when I received it, it did not fit either. I have the stock exhaust still.
Do I have a screwed up bike or has something changed in 2008 and these manufactures don't know?

I will try and get pictures tomorrow.
The Rumble Concepts did not fit in 2 ways. First, the tabs that bolt under the muffler were not wide enough and second, if you put the bolts in on the bracket under the seat then the mount at the muffler is about 1/4 inch short.

The Puig f/e mounts fine at the muffler, but then the holes under the seat are about 1/8 inch short. I put zipties around that point untill I figure out whats wrong.

i have the rumble concepts with stock exhaust. i had to bend the tabs a lil bit and drill the wholes a lil bigger with the powder coat it makes it too wide. it takes some muscling around to get it to work...

I have a 2008 as well and I installed not a long ago a F/E from the SBN guy. It is a nice one and it let you use the stock license plate light and the stock turning signals. You should get that one! It is like almost 60 bucks.

Thank you, hope this works. As you can see, the holes are not even close to be able to put a bolt thru it. The Rumble Concepts wouldn't even mount over the muffler mount and if it did the front mount holes where even farther away then the Puig F/E holes in the pictures

Last edited:
I contacted the company that I purchased it from and sent the same pictures to them. They are going to forward the pictures to Puig.
So, to answer your question, i dont want to alter it, until I find out there is no other option. If I have to fix it myself, I am going to cut the end of it and weld on a new piece with the holes in the correct place.
I just don't understand why 2 different manufacters state that the product fits on a 2008 and neither does.
Thanks again for your help so far!

I was looking at my F.E when I went home and I noticed mine is actually adjustable for length by about 10 mm !

Hopefully it shows up in the pic.

Mick,

As you can see in this picture, I do not have that adjustment made into mine. I think that I will cut those tabs off, move the bracket forward, then re-weld the tabs.

Scott

Thank you, hope this works. As you can see, the holes are not even close to be able to put a bolt thru it. The Rumble Concepts wouldn't even mount over the muffler mount and if it did the front mount holes where even farther away then the Puig F/E holes in the pictures

Did you try loosening the bolts that hold the bottom bracket and sliding the bottom as rearward as it will go in from the slop in the holes? Also, the muffler is held by the bracket just under the seat and at the pipe clamp. If you loosen the pipe clamp and top bolts that hold the muffler top bracket, can the muffler be slid into the bike some more? If there is any play in the mounting, that would bring the bottom hole in alignment with the bracket maybe? Just thoughts as I can't see any other way your bike would be out of spec.

Back