Exterior Mods

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to do some exterior mods to my recently purchased FZ6 this winter and was looking for some input.
First off, I would like to add some underbody LEDs and im not sure what color to go with. Its the 2007 blue color and was thinking either white, purple, or a set that you can adjust colors.
Next, I was thinking about adding a headlight modulator, and was curious what you guys thought about those and whether or not their worth it?
Finally, I was going to do a LED tail light conversion and wanted to know if its worth it to do the integrated turn signals or keep them where they are?

Thanks
Aaron :confused:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
LED's aren't my thing but white sounds like your best bet.

headlight modulators are for harley's.....ok for safety but I never really thought of them as a visual enhancement

LED tail light is ok but don't do the integrated. You can't see the signals.

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok thanks for the input, i will stay away from the modulator then and i think im gonna go with white LEDs and the LED tail light. Are there any other easy mods you would suggest? I am also going to do bd43's head light mod.
:Thanks:
Aaron

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You should talk to Vegasrider about the modulator. He installed one and likes it, I would put one on but went with HIDs instead. A new set of turn signals always looks nice unless you like the stock bulky ones :)

Andy Mc

Reaction score
Visit site
LED tail light is ok but don't do the integrated. You can't see the signals.[/QUOTE]

I have intergated ones they rock and look super cool. I dont fully agree that you cant see them but they definately not as clear as normal or arrow indicators. At the minute i like them and will only be adding indicators for the vehicle inspection test.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the clear alternative LED Smoked tail light and love it. I also changed all my turn signals to LED ones. I made the rear signals to be also running lights so they are on all the time but blink alternatly with the tail light for signaling. Check out my photo's of my mods on my mxgolf page. :rockon:

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2004 blue fz6 and just installed blue LED underglows....looks nice reflecting off the silver but I'm curious to if it would reflect enough off the black the newer models have...I actually plan on doing orange on my friends r6 but it would b reflecting off black as well

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2004 blue fz6 and just installed blue LED underglows....looks nice reflecting off the silver but I'm curious to if it would reflect enough off the black the newer models have...I actually plan on doing orange on my friends r6 but it would b reflecting off black as well

I like the blue a lot, but its not legal for me to ride with in Michigan, and I want to be able to ride with them on as they give people around you more to see! and the look cool. I found a couple kits that will switch between colors so im going to go with one of those i think.
On the topic of shining off black, im not sure how much you will get, but it will shine and looks pretty sweet. I put amber under my first bike a buell blast which has a black underbody and you just have to get creative. It looked pretty good and amber isnt even that bright!

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering getting some underbody LEDs as well.

I don't really like the look of a headlight modulator.

I replaced the rear turn signals with LED ones (and put on a FE kit), but I didn't want an integrated.

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering getting some underbody LEDs as well.

I don't really like the look of a headlight modulator.

I replaced the rear turn signals with LED ones (and put on a FE kit), but I didn't want an integrated.

I have decided against the modulator.
Do you think the LED tail light is more noticable? Do you have the clear or smoked?
What color bike you got? I like the idea of the color changing LED kits so you can choose differrent LED colors for different applications. I have a blue bike and love the blue LEDs, but can run them while i drive. I also think white or purple would look good, so this way I can choose depending on where i am. :BLAA: