Exhaust ?'s

Nick

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to install a slip on exhaust do i need to do a pc3?
I was thinking scorpion carbon fiber
Mainly i am worried about my bike going too lean

Nick

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
No, slip ons dont need a pc3, you are just suppose to restart you battery so the fuel map changes it self and the bike gets use to it. Carbon fiber was the way to go for me and i love it! It doesn't get that hot at all also! Its a big +

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
No, slip ons dont need a pc3, you are just suppose to restart you battery so the fuel map changes it self and the bike gets use to it. Carbon fiber was the way to go for me and i love it! It doesn't get that hot at all also! Its a big +

Please name your source for this "restarting the battery" business. I've never heard of anyone doing this, especially considering these bikes do not have an exhaust O2 sensor to adjust the fuel map at all.

To the OP, PCIII is generally considered unnecessary with just a slip on. If you decide to also do anything with the intake (including K&N) or a cat-eliminator, you'll want to consider a PCIII to avoid running lean and also for more power to take advantage of the mods. With just your slip-ons, you'll be fine with the stock map.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site

I heard that from someone else as well to reset the ECU unplug the battery like that the bike will adjust itself if needed with the EFI, i did it after installing my exhaust. Didnt see any harm in doing this. Like everyone says no you dont need a PCIII as its a "Slip-On" all you do is slip it on and its supposed to be all set to go ;)

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard that from someone else as well to reset the ECU unplug the battery like that the bike will adjust itself if needed with the EFI, i did it after installing my exhaust. Didnt see any harm in doing this. Like everyone says no you dont need a PCIII as its a "Slip-On" all you do is slip it on and its supposed to be all set to go ;)

Why not just pull the fuse for the ECU? It essentially does the same thing with much less work.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Why not just pull the fuse for the ECU? It essentially does the same thing with much less work.

Really? If so i could have used this info before i was finishing my install at 2am last night, tired and starved (was too excited to grab dinner) and i was taking the tank off...lol

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
"Please name your source for this "restarting the battery" business. I've never heard of anyone doing this, especially considering these"

The source that I have seen is n excerpt from the LeoVince website regarding fuel mapping and their products. The excerpt is in a thread started by H8 PVMT re: LV exhausts.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/1749-leo-vince.html

I tried disconnecting my battery. Uncertain if it had any affect.... but like mentioned above, I did not see any harm in trying.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
"Please name your source for this "restarting the battery" business. I've never heard of anyone doing this, especially considering these"

The source that I have seen is n excerpt from the LeoVince website regarding fuel mapping and their products. The excerpt is in a thread started by H8 PVMT re: LV exhausts.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/1749-leo-vince.html

I tried disconnecting my battery. Uncertain if it had any affect.... but like mentioned above, I did not see any harm in trying.

Thank you for posting that. I agree with you that you will do absolutely no harm in doing so. However, since the bike does not have a sensor in the exhaust (it does have one in the intake), there is no way for the bike to even know that the exhaust has been changed. On higher end bikes that do have this sensor (an O2 sensor), this step would be a good idea. My 2Bros instructions make no mention of doing this, and they did a pretty detailed job of writing the instructions with pictures specific to this bike.

W

wrightme43

The 07-08 models do have a O2 sensor now. Not saying you need to remove the battery just saying that they do have a sensor now.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
The 07-08 models do have a O2 sensor now. Not saying you need to remove the battery just saying that they do have a sensor now.

Did not know that... then it is fair to say that on 07-08 models that disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU is pheasible. It will likely cause the ECU to adjust more quickly, but the ECU will do this in time regardless.:thumbup:

Nick

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Guys what a wealth of information.
I am going to go order my exhaust now!

Since my bike is a 2007 i will make sure and disconnect the battery.

Thanks Again