exhaust install help!

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys got my TBR slip ons coming on monday and I'm gonna be getting them on ASAP :steve:. My question is I am also looking at installing a cat eliminator pipe probably from Arrow and wanted to know how hard this is to do and what is required for the install because if its a huge PITA to do after the slip ons are installed I'll wait a few days, get the cat pipe over-nighted and do it all at once...thanks!!!!

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
I would rather do it all at once as chances are, the slip on will have to be removed to pull the cat pipe back enough for it to come off the header. Plus, you have the sealing silicone that is used on the slip on to seal it to the cat pipe and you have to deal with that... So I would just wait... I know, it's hard...

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I just put my M4 exhaust on with the arrow cat pipe a couple of weeks ago. You really should wait for all of it before you put it on. The only problem I had was that the old cat didnt want to come off but with a few choice words and some percistance it came off, and the new pipe was tight putting it back on. Just remember to leave the bolts on the clamps and the mount for the cat pipe a litlle loose so you can align it later. After I put mine on I have alittle bit of surging at idle when its warmed up just about a 50 rpm surge no big deal.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
I would rather do it all at once as chances are, the slip on will have to be removed to pull the cat pipe back enough for it to come off the header. Plus, you have the sealing silicone that is used on the slip on to seal it to the cat pipe and you have to deal with that... So I would just wait... I know, it's hard...

too hard lol:rant:

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
so the cat eliminator pipe just bolts on its not welded or anything? sorry to sound like a newb I just haven't even looked at it real close yet. That does make sense about the sealing silicone though.

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I could tell you step by step but you really need to just buy a good shop manual. It not very hard to do just a few basic tools and about 45 min. to an hour you will be done. I would lube the swingarm bearings while your at it. and put heat wrap on the arrow mid pipe.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just be methodical with your plastics and keep the bolts safe once removed..the exhaust removal is common sense..one way off, one way on

thorpe

Reaction score
Visit site
Wait for the cat elim pipe and do it in one step. It is really easy, shouldn't take you more than an hour.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I dont know if I would wrap the mid pipe. I took a stainless steel wire wheel and a die grinder to it. Just to smooth it up, then I polished it just to make shure it will blue up nice, I like the look of blued pipes better than wrapping it. You dont really see the pipe unless your looking for it, but I know it is there and it bothers me if things dont look right.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the insight guys! As hard as it will be with my shiny new slip-ons in the garage I will wait the extra week and do it all at once.....will post pics and sound clip when finished!:rockon: