Exhaust compare

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3UYJzLhr9w[/nomedia]

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mUrF5Z2BSU&mode=related&search=[/nomedia]

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
The lazer definatly look the best but a friend of mine that works at a Yamaha dealer said they were getting better performance results from the scorpion than anything else.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-_gBEollfA[/nomedia]

S

sportrider

Wtf

the bike with the two brothers exhaust on it looks like it had old school crash bars on it, never seen that before!!!

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I've listened to both the Laser and Two Bros clips about 100 times now while trying to decide what to buy (and annoy my wife). Eventually concluded I may like the Two Bros sound marginally better but the Laser's look too cool and cost a significant amount less than the carbon Two Bros... so last night I ordered the Lasers - hope they sound good in real life. Getting them from firedogracing.com for ~$635 shipped :D but was informed today they're on 2-3 week backorder :banghead:

S

sportrider

I prefer the two tips to the four, I think they match the symmetry of the tail section better. but thats just my opinion. I want to get some exhaust bad!!!

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on buying the two brothers. i love the sound and that it looks similar to the stock exhaust.

having said that, the laser quad looks cool. It also sounds like a chainsaw.

Of course, you can't go wrong with the scorpion.

decisions, decisions...

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
The Two Brothers system is the most aesthetically pleasing of all the systems available for the FZ6, imo. I cannot stand the look of the Laser system (nor the sound for that matter if the audio is even remotely accurate) as it looks like a charicature drawn by someone who has never seen or ridden a real motorcycle in his/her life.
The other systems look ok, but the little tipped tailpipe extensions just don't seem to work visually (to me) with an underseat exhaust. Again, this is a very subjective POV on my part. The Two Brothers cans look like they belong there.
It's what I'm getting next year when the warranty expires. :D

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
The Laser is the better looking, I think. Since i have already had the scorpions I think i will try something different....the lasers. I know its not for everyone, but that is also the reason why we all ride what we ride. Not everyone has one..:thumbup:..and we are unique!

No matter what exhaust system you go with, just remember. I bought this bike because anybody can buy an R6.......

S

sportrider

The Laser is the better looking, I think. Since i have already had the scorpions I think i will try something different....the lasers. I know its not for everyone, but that is also the reason why we all ride what we ride. Not everyone has one..:thumbup:..and we are unique!

No matter what exhaust system you go with, just remember. I bought this bike because anybody can buy an R6.......
do you still have your scorpion exhaust???

Eviloliv3

I'm here for the women
Reaction score
Visit site
i like the two bros pipes.... its too damn bad they cost twice as much as my car's exhaust system for 1/4th the piping

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
if it aint broke dont fix it.

Sure I might get 2 or 3 more BHP for the money, sure I might have a bit louder/sweeter sound. However I wear ear plugs when I ride, I dont care what the guy next to me thinks when I drive by them, Stock exhaust is fairly quiet. I loath the bikes that pass me when i'm working in my work truck that are so loud as to be bothersome. No mistakeing they are there, but thats a good way to garner a lot of po po attention.
Whats wrong with stock? If money is no object, and of course folks like to personalize their bikes.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the stocks too from what I have heard on you tube but you have to admit the deep growl of the two brothers is just amazing. I wish the camera man in the lazer Xtreme video actually moved around to show us exactly how they looked...

I should be buying my bike this coming friday...cant wait...but just a question...does fitting a new exhaust to the bike even by a qualified yamaha dealer void your warrenty?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm probably in the minority here but personally I like the factory pipes.

Oddly enough, when I was looking around at different bikes, it was the stock exhaust of the FZ6 that almost put me off the bike. To my eye (at that time), the chintzy plastic satin chrome dual exhausts under the seat looked oh-so-cheap-and-nasty. However, after a while, the fact that the pipes were under the seat was what eventually sold it...tres modern. :thumbup: