Evotech Tail Tidy and Givi Pannier Rack help?

extreme601

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I've been looking everywhere to try and find if anyone has combined this:

Yamaha FZ6 2004-2011 Tail Tidy Fender Eliminator | EvoTech

with this:

http://motorcycleplanet.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=496

I'm horrible with cabling so I'm hoping to keep the indicators in their original location (albeit slightly narrower on the tail tidy) instead of sticking them way off the back with the brackets provided by givi, therefore saving myself the trouble of extending the indicator wires.

My concern is that the tips of the indicators may still be just a bit too far out, and will interfere with the E21's I plan on getting.

Anyone had any experience with these?

Thanks!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
It will need lots of fiddling. The panniers block the numberplate area from the side and cut off lots of the space. That's why they move the indicators. You may be able to do it with smaller after-market indicators in the stock position - but then no-one will be able to see them from the side.

If I was doing it I would attach some LED strips to the sides of the cases and some flush-mount indicators on to the back of them.

Couple of images for ya:-
yamaha.fz6.givi.pl351.e21.2.JPG

img2146edit.jpg

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I've been looking everywhere to try and find if anyone has combined this:

Yamaha FZ6 2004-2011 Tail Tidy Fender Eliminator | EvoTech

with this:

GIVI PL351 Pannier Holder

I'm horrible with cabling so I'm hoping to keep the indicators in their original location (albeit slightly narrower on the tail tidy) instead of sticking them way off the back with the brackets provided by givi, therefore saving myself the trouble of extending the indicator wires.

My concern is that the tips of the indicators may still be just a bit too far out, and will interfere with the E21's I plan on getting.

Anyone had any experience with these?

Thanks!

I have that fender eliminator and the Givi rack with e21 cases. I used the stock indicators by removing the rubber stalk extensions. I had to fabricate an egg-shaped plate with two holes, one for the mounting bolt and one for the wire, which goes between the signal and the tidy tail. On the inside I used a single large round washer. This set-up fits between the e21 cases. This does block the view of the signals from the sides somewhat, but if a vehicle is close enough that view of the signal is blocked, it would be too close to change lanes anyway. If I recall correctly, I think I had to cut the signal wires and solder back together to get the rubber extensions off, I think there is a metal plate inside through which the connectors will not fit.

Last edited:

extreme601

Reaction score
Visit site
I have that fender eliminator and the Givi rack with e21 cases. I used the stock indicators by removing the rubber stalk extensions. I had to fabricate an egg-shaped plate with two holes, one for the mounting bolt and one for the wire, which goes between the signal and the tidy tail. On the inside I used a single large round washer. This set-up fits between the e21 cases. This does block the view of the signals from the sides somewhat, but if a vehicle is close enough that view of the signal is blocked, it would be too close to change lanes anyway. If I recall correctly, I think I had to cut the signal wires and solder back together to get the rubber extensions off, I think there is a metal plate inside through which the connectors will not fit.

You sir, are a genius. Thanks very much for the reply!

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
You sir, are a genius. Thanks very much for the reply!

Well, the real Sir Isaac was a genius. I am mostly just persistent.

Good luck if you try this. I believe you will have better luck if you cut and re-solder the wires near the connector end, not near the signal end. That way the work will be protected under the side pod, and you won't lose flexibility in the wires back by the signals where you need it for routing. I recommend using heat shrink tubing to cover the joints.