• M4

Votes: 23 2.7%
  • JET Performance Engineered Exhaust

Votes: 5 0.6%

• Total voters

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have any suggestions as to which site to use to purchase Leo Vince Slip ons? I'd like the full carbon ones, canister and tip

I don't live in the states, but I came across Pipecity a few days ago. Both of the following have the best prices that I have seen.

Pipecity
http://www.pipecity.com/Search/CategorySearch.cfm/_1/Street/ManuID/1488/IP/2_6_0_0/_2/Yamaha/_3/FZ6

Bayside Performance.
FZ6 : Bayside Performance, Canadian Source for 98-2010 Yamaha Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Ducati Triumph Sportbike Accessories And Apparel

D

Dave.TX

My bike came with Leo Vince and less than a month later had stock exhaust on it and it's staying that way. LV's were lighter and didn't get the seat as warm but too danged loud. I like being stealthy fast.

Not sure why people spend $600-800 for more noise and a few less pounds. Well, I don't like drawing attention to myself either. I don't subscribe to the "Loud pipes save lives" myth.

Last edited by a moderator:

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike came with Leo Vince and less than a month later had stock exhaust on it and it's staying that way. LV's were lighter and didn't get the seat as warm but too danged loud. I like being stealthy fast.

Not sure why people spend $600-800 for more noise and a few less pounds. Well, I don't like drawing attention to myself either. I don't subscribe to the "Loud pipes save lives" myth.

Are your pipes up for sale by chance?

riderlak1

Reaction score
Visit site
COME ON GUYS...you guys looking for used exhausts on here are like vultures circling a dead animal!

Not trying to be a jerk to anyone specifically, but it's getting a little old seeing almost every thread relating to exhaust or selling parts get thread jacked by a "get in line, we all want an exhaust" comment. Were all aware you want used pipes, you've made it clear enough times!

Suck it up and buy a set of new ones if you can't seem to find any used ones. The cost difference is minimal, and then you can get the pipes you actually want!

I did a thread a few months back that had a lot of price comparison info research before I bought my scorpion pipes. You guys should take a look at that thread.

I'm gonna go get another cup of coffee now...

#endrant

CanberraFZ6Nrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpions ...just fitted a CF set with stainless tip.

They sound glorious and in Australia only 899.

Well worth the cost and my N has much more urgency when accelarating and when riding in the street turns heads too!

heath_AU

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i ordered a set of titanium Akrapovic slip on's back in January. I found a seller on ebay (in the USA) that was selling them for around $780 USD so i sent an email to the Australian distributor asking why these cost almost twice as much locally, and they said they would make some calls.
I then got an email advising that my local bike store here in hobart (tas) could get them in for the same price i showed them on ebay.
(WIN!)
Mind you that was like 51 days ago. They did say 5 weeks but i think customs was giving them issues.
I have been told they should be here next week.
I cant wait. Now to go and cut out my cat so i am ready for them.
Cant wait to post photos and videos for all to enjoy.

Stay tuned

HeatH

bere

Reaction score
Visit site
Why there is no MIVV:s in the poll? Thats what I have. They sound great too.
222586_10150256128923370_579823369_7703144_2757239_n.jpg

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Why there is no MIVV:s in the poll? Thats what I have. They sound great too.
222586_10150256128923370_579823369_7703144_2757239_n.jpg

She looks good naked! I can also tell that you've been parking your girl there for quite some time... (kick stand mark on the ground) Make sure she don't dig too deep and fall :D

fyrebug

Reaction score
Visit site
just trying to choose...

1) does anywhere say the DB of the scorpions? does it come with a silencer or is it added on extra? seems more confusing than the two brothers setup + p1/p1x silencers.

wondering how the scorps compare for noise with or without the silencer. I'd like a lower grumble but not wake the neighbors so stay closer to stock volume.

2) do the scorps allow for the stock fender? sw-motech side racks require stock fender for one of the mounting points.

reason I'm leaning towards the scorps is the price seems a bit better than 2 brothers and the carbon tube + silver cap looks nice. I like the 2 brothers design but black tips would blend into my all black bike and you wouldn't even see the exhaust. that's no good. love the look of undertail and love it being obvious to other drivers. silly? sure... but a few years of a ninja 500 ahve left me wanting to soak up this far prettier bike.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that I have finally ridden my bike after installing the Scorpions, I can answer the question "Which Exhaust Should I buy"

Scorpions! They sound excellent!

Problem with fuel economy though - as now I have them fitted, I find myself taking off from the lights a lot faster - or just nailing the throttle for no other reason but to hear them roar!

I've always had aftermarket pipes on my bikes, but the FZ6 has taken a while due to the excessive price.

Thanks to a kindly forum participant (600rider) I got an exhaust in immaculate condition for a fantastic price.
With my TDM850, and then TDM900, I had Lazer Cans, and then StainTune cans.

They were also good, but suffered a drone at speed.

My new Scorpions, sound better at idle, and don't drone at speed.

At 100kph, you can still hear them - just. But at idle, or around town they're throaty without being too noisy.

Definitely get my recommendation!

Cheers,
Rick

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just trying to choose...

1) does anywhere say the DB of the scorpions? does it come with a silencer or is it added on extra? seems more confusing than the two brothers setup + p1/p1x silencers.

According to my phone, with sound meter app, the Scorpions are 74dB at idle, measured from the seat. (same as stock, but a LOT deeper, more throaty) At 6000rpm, they were 84dB, again same as stock - but you'd never know it!

I make no representations as to how accurate my phone is, or the sound meter app - because it sounds a bit louder at idle (but a WHOLE HEAP better!)

I leave for work at 0400, and start my bike up to warm up for a minute or so (until the choke closes and idle returns to normal) and the neighbours haven't complained, yet.

wondering how the scorps compare for noise with or without the silencer. I'd like a lower grumble but not wake the neighbors so stay closer to stock volume.

Exactly what I'm seeing - but I've got the carbon fibre cans, the steel/aluminium may give different results.

2) do the scorps allow for the stock fender? sw-motech side racks require stock fender for one of the mounting points.

In a word, yes

reason I'm leaning towards the scorps is the price seems a bit better than 2 brothers and the carbon tube + silver cap looks nice. I like the 2 brothers design but black tips would blend into my all black bike and you wouldn't even see the exhaust. that's no good. love the look of undertail and love it being obvious to other drivers. silly? sure... but a few years of a ninja 500 ahve left me wanting to soak up this far prettier bike.

Have a look at these, and see if you like the look:
SidewScorpions.jpg

RearquarterwScorpions.jpg

FrontquarterwScorpions.jpg

Uses all the stock mounting points, and I LOVE the look.

Cheers,
Rick

fyrebug

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks mave2911!

of course the sound from the seat is important but from behind the bike has me worried a tad more.
it's a bit of a toss up between the leo or scorps.

I have a givi 351 top rack and the scorps require cutting to a bracket so still make sure it fits, not sure about the leo...

what rack is that you have? I have a folbot kayak (that packs into a backpack) and something like that sissybar-ish rack could be useful.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks mave2911!

of course the sound from the seat is important but from behind the bike has me worried a tad more.

Like I said, with mine, it sounds sweet. I start my bike up every morning at 0400 in a carport with an open side to the neighbours, and they don'ty have an issue with it. (it does reverberate off the back wall a little though)

I have a givi 351 top rack and the scorps require cutting to a bracket so still make sure it fits, not sure about the leo...

How does the Givi attach? My rack is a Ventura Rack (and bag.) It uses all the stock mounting points and I can't see an issue with the Scorpion exhausts - as THEY use the stock mounting points also.

something like that sissybar-ish rack could be useful.

I like it - and you can pull the pack rack off the L-Brackets and use a 'sissy-bar' attachment, if that is your desire.

Cheers,
Rick

fyrebug

Reaction score
Visit site
How does the Givi attach? My rack is a Ventura Rack (and bag.) It uses all the stock mounting points and I can't see an issue with the Scorpion exhausts - as THEY use the stock mounting points also.

the givi uses the stock points but it has a part that wraps around the exhaust to add an extra mount hole. I think that was the issue, so I'm on the fence.
after doing more reading the leo's seem to not need any modification.

how is the heat on any of these?

one thing I like about the stock is the shroud, plastic or not, keeps the heat safely contained. there's no chance of my girlfriend burning a leg or hand during a ride or when dismounting the bike. I like that, after an hour ride, how hot do these carbon or stainless ones get?
thanks..

fyrebug

Reaction score
Visit site
also from Catalytic converter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm confused on A) why the cat needs to be removed for leo's and others, they're there for a reason and spewing toxic crap isn't really very nice, motorcycles already pollute more than cars, but my confusion comes from this

"In many jurisdictions, it is illegal to remove or disable a catalytic converter for any reason other than its direct and immediate replacement. In the United States, for example, it is a violation of Section 203(a)(3)(A) of the 1990 Clean Air Act for a vehicle repair shop to remove a converter from a vehicle, or cause a converter to be removed from a vehicle, except in order to replace it with another converter.,[19] and Section 203(a)(3)(B) makes it illegal for any person to sell or to install any part that would bypass, defeat, or render inoperative any emission control system, device, or design element. Vehicles without functioning catalytic converters generally fail emission inspections. "

so how are these being sold? is leo not breaking US laws? excuse me if I'm missing something.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
how is the heat on any of these?

one thing I like about the stock is the shroud, plastic or not, keeps the heat safely contained. there's no chance of my girlfriend burning a leg or hand during a ride or when dismounting the bike. I like that, after an hour ride, how hot do these carbon or stainless ones get?
thanks..

Don't know about the steel ones, but after a spirited ride, the carbon ones are cool to touch. (not just 'not hot', actually cool.)

Cheers,
Rick