Votes: 23 2.7%
  • JET Performance Engineered Exhaust

Votes: 5 0.6%

• Total voters

jjbellon

DarkRaven
Reaction score
Visit site
With regards to what you should get I believe its up to what you want out of it. I wanted a better sound and look but didn't require the performance bump. I also didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount of cash when I could get the same results for way less. So I bought a DanMoto. Super cheap and very clean. Also, I switched from undertail exhaust to a sidemount. The header needed for that was only $40 shipped. I got what I wanted and saved the checking account too. And weight.

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
Installing my scorpions today...WOOO!

The stock cans SUCK. Glorified sewing machine noise is soon to sound like a proper motorcycle today!

Last edited:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 "sound" is probably the worst of all motorcycles.
I've heard many exhausts, side by side by mine. The M4's are by far the best, so much so, that I've put them on other I4's I've owned since. They always sound great.

kyledogg88

Reaction score
Visit site
Two Brothers FTW!! Sorry but i think the Laser exhaust is just ugly! Two brothers looks and sounds the best!
But Leo Vince is definitely the close runner up!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_lWMH73eL4"]Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 600. Two Brothers exhaust. Top Speed at 247 km/h. Sound on board - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

TaiwanTony

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually I should reformulate my question, do I need the db killer inserts for a tb system? Reason being here in Taiwan I need to order a month in advance, and I don't want the pipes ridiculously loud. Just want that low down grunt. I ride through Taipei everyday and being one of the only "foreigners" on a big bike here, I don't really want to make the wrong impression.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Actually I should reformulate my question, do I need the db killer inserts for a tb system? Reason being here in Taiwan I need to order a month in advance, and I don't want the pipes ridiculously loud. Just want that low down grunt. I ride through Taipei everyday and being one of the only "foreigners" on a big bike here, I don't really want to make the wrong impression.

Stock exhaust at 5,000 rpm is 86 db

Without the insert you will be +15 db
with the P1 insert you will be +12 db
with the P1 - X insert you will be +10 db

Here is the spec chart at two brothers: Two Brothers Racing :: Yamaha FZ6 Motorcycle Exhausts, Street Bike Parts, Aftermarket MX ATV Motorcycle Accessories, Exhaust Pipe, Race Exhaust Systems, Sport Bike Parts

TaiwanTony

Reaction score
Visit site
Great thanks for the info, +15db doesn't sound so bad, according to Wikipedia that's just the average volume of an average em... lawn mower! Will be ordering them soon! Can't wait but I guess I will have to wait, it's not easy to get stuff fast here. Cheers again

TaiwanTony

Reaction score
Visit site
Two brothers black edition ordered along with a batch of Rizoma parts mostly for the front end. Will keep you posted..

Lagerhead

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking of purchasing the Leo Vince LV Ones, Is there a difference in sound between alluminium and carbon fiber? Or is it just looks and price?

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking of purchasing the Leo Vince LV Ones, Is there a difference in sound between alluminium and carbon fiber? Or is it just looks and price?

The sound should be the same...
It really comes down to the looks + the possible break down of the carbon fiber over time :)
I've got the stainless steel version and I absolutely love them :)
Only downside is that they're hard to keep clean (if anyone puts his fingers on it, you WILL see it :spank:)
As for touching: even after a long, spirited ride, the cans are just a bit warm; you can easily grab them with your bare hands without getting into trouble :)

Grtz,

Degake

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm ordering the Mivv Suono full carbon exhaust sometime this week... will probably take quite some time to arrive tho so cannot speak of it just yet ;)

Thought I'd try something a bit different - also liked the look of it... and seemed to sound ok on youtube

Anyway I've got a mivv thread I'll update with more info once it gets here.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/41594-mivv-suono-full-carbon.html

Jugro might respond in the other thread too, he has some Stainless Mivv Suonos and seems quite happy by the looks.

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have any suggestions as to which site to use to purchase Leo Vince Slip ons? I'd like the full carbon ones, canister and tip

jcombs

One day at a time...
Reaction score
www.jaredsbook.com
My 2009 FZ6 came with Two Brothers already on it! When I started it up at the dealership, I immediately loved the deep growlish sound. I love that it's there...not sure I would've spent $600-$800 for the sound and a potential 6 or 7 HP... but I love it now.