Ever have a zombie day?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As in.. getting through the day, but doing many things in a forgetful, disconnected manner??

I didn't get enough sleep and felt tired all day at work. As I was leaving, I was proud of myself for remembering to stop by my wife's desk to pick up house keys (we work for the same company). Without the keys, I would've gotten home with no way to get in!! Pretty sharp of me to remember!

Then I got home and realized I left my laptop bag at her desk!! .. with my laptop, my phone and my wallet!! :rolleyes:

:spank:

Need the laptop too.. have to do more work in 50 minutes, but luckily wifey should be home by then. I'm sure she's not gonna make fun of me for this at all.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have these days a lot lately.....

Last week, on way to work:

1 Had to turn back when I was on Great Northern Highway - left my phone on the kitchen bench
2 Had to turn back AGAIN at the bottom of Chittering Road - forgot to turn the hot water unit off (we have a leaking tap on it at the moment)
3 ALMOST had to turn back again (only got as far as the property gate this time....) forgot my medication (no, not the crazy medication - I don't forget to take that, not since "The Incident"..... :sinister:

I don't know if it's age or my busy life but I forget crap all the time.

And I have no patience these days - poor Prebstar lol
:eek:

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know that feeling, man.

Drove 1.5 hours back to Atlanta from my parent's house after returning from a trip, left my apartment keys and key card at the house. Had to drive 1.5 hours back...got home at 2 am.

To be honest it's nice to read that someone else does this, even though I am sorry it happened to you!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thankfully I have had mornings & afternoons like that (before & after work) but never at work (touch wood) because if I zone out in the truck :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:........ I have always had the ability to 'switch on' no matter how zoned out LOL

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Being out of work I feel like a zombie every day, sitting around with noth I ng t o do sorry I think I zoned out.

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought it was just me losing my marbles - I got home last night after 48hrs away, couldn't find my house key....... finally found it in the (unlocked) front door :eek:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
tonight on the teev is I Am Legend, is this some kind of synchronicity X Files sort of weirdarse zombie coincidence sort of thingy?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
This time of year with crappy weather and things slow at the office, I have days like this all the time. I call them "time traveling" since I sometimes find myself at the office and look at the clock and have no recollection of what has happened for the last 2-3 hours. :cheer:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 9.5 month old. I have had those days for the past 9.5 months.

I'm in that boat. Although it's getting easier now. I'd say the first 6 months were the hardest, and I was constantly Z'd out. Now I just do the time traveling thing mentioned above at my crappy job.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
last Thursday I rode about an half hour trip to get my tyres replaced, when it came to paying I realised I had left my bank pass in the pouch on my car keys as I had had to fill up the car the evening before but I don't like taking much with me when I go to the fitness centre. I did have my credit card on me but they didn't accept credit cards :( so I had to leave my drivers license with them and do the hour round trip home to pick up my bank pass :banghead:

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL. How I don't miss those days. I have 4 boys, including twins. I have zombie moments daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You just do.

And caffeine. Lots of caffeine.

Man I think if I drank a lot of caffeine and tried to be a parent I would just screw things up a lot faster and more energetically! No denying it takes some character and maturity.