Ever get light headed while riding?

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
While out for a ride today, I started to feel a bit disconnected from the task at hand. It's unseasonably warm and humid for September (high 80's and humidity is over 90%).

I was in full gear, and traffic was moving slow which didn't help get any air moving over me or the bike. I don't think it helped that I was sick yesterday with a stomach/ possible flu bug that prevented me from going to work. I've been drinking plenty of fluids, but haven't really eaten for 2 days or so.

Needless to say, I stayed in the air conditioning at a local business longer than anticipated and went straight home instead of taking the scenic route.

Has anybody else noticed a similar experience with the heat after getting over an illness?

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
but haven't really eaten for 2 days or so.

Has anybody else noticed a similar experience with the heat after getting over an illness?

I think those two are the reason. When i'm sick, i try not to ride at all - not enough concentration. not eating could bring light-headedness easily. Hope you get better

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Man! If you get over heated alone it'll play havoc with you.
Last year I almost lost it from heat exhaustion. I was playing on Palomar Mountain all morning and was having so much fun I didn't stop to hydrate, rest or eat. I got very sick, tunnel vision and almost passed out! I was lucky and Got off the mountain nad to a convenience store just in time and collapsed on the floor just inside the door. I was in full leathers and romping up and down the mountain in hot weather. I felt weird, headachey, and queezy.

Having the flew on top!:eek:

Go rest!!!:D

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Staying hydrated and snacking constantly are the only ways I can stay alert on longer days.

If I'm just planning to head out for an hour or two, but don't feel right, I simply stay home. Not worth it.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
My total time on the bike today was less than 30 minutes. In the 10 minutes it took me to get from my house to destination, I experienced a lack of energy that was followed by a headache and finally a feeling of everything closing in around me (tunnel vision).

Thankfully I was able to get off the bike for about 30 minutes and I took off my gear to cool off even faster in the A/C. I took a different, more direct route home which had a bit less traffic and allowed me to keep moving.

In hindsight, I should have driven my cage, but it was hooked up to my boat and I didn't feel like unhooking the trailer.