europe tour trip from Uk

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys! Basically im planning to ride from Wales in the united kingdom to the ferry in Dover and then to France, Austria, Germany and Italy and maybe more and explore each of these countries it will be in july/august
. I originally wanted to do a solo tour but im now thinking its not a great idea,
This is a serious dream of mine and is there anyone from the uk who has always wanted to tour Europe but never has would like to come with me?
Only reply if your serious about it. Its a dream of mine to do before i start college.
Also its a low budget camp out each night type of trip

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I did 2550mile 9 day trip last year down to the Italian/Swiss Alps and it was brilliant :D

Might be going again this year but not sure yet. How long you thinking of going for?

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
That's on my list of places to go! Oh brilliant! Im looking to go for about 2 weeks really. Did you camp? Did you experience any problems? And what would you do differently this time round? Ide really like to go with someone but if I have to go solo I will :) journey of discovery kind of thing

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't camp, stayed in some nice places and one hostel that was clean and very cheap.
Not much I'd change bar some of the days were a tad too long, would of been nice to stop and enjoy some of the places more but it was a biking holiday :D
When I get back on my laptop I'll send you some links if I can find them.

The only issue was the lack of power at high altitude and I'd probably add a couple of teeth to the rear cog to help with the hairpins/slower corners. Most were first gear, so you've got to cover the clutch to smooth them out sometimes.

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah right! Do you know how much the trip cost alltogether?
I will be doing alot of camping and some hostels.
Is the lack of power because of the thin air (lack of oxygen) to mix with fuel etc
?? Im starting to plan a route so far its looking like southwales -> Dover -> France -> Belgium -> Switzerland - Paris on way back
Still looking for a travel partner too, or ide love to tag along with someone lol

CroFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys! Basically im planning to ride from Wales in the united kingdom to the ferry in Dover and then to France, Austria, Germany and Italy and maybe more and explore each of these countries it will be in july/august
. I originally wanted to do a solo tour but im now thinking its not a great idea,
This is a serious dream of mine and is there anyone from the uk who has always wanted to tour Europe but never has would like to come with me?
Only reply if your serious about it. Its a dream of mine to do before i start college.
Also its a low budget camp out each night type of trip

add Croatia on the list :D

good coastal twisty roads, great food...after a long day of traveling swimming will relax you and much more :thumbup:

Croatia accommodation :: Apartments

I hope that you will find someone to travel with you.

PPieter

Reaction score
Visit site
DannyRose: if you'll make it to Belgium, I am willing to join you there?
Please let me know if you have any exacter date for your trip :)

Edit: And don't stay too long in Belgium. Although we are a nice country with great beers (more than anyone can handle), riding your bike here basically sucks. Bad roads, speed traps, traffic jams... Instead, just pick me up (I live in the east-northern part) and drive to Germany. Check especially Eifel, Black Forest (Scharwz Wald), Mosel,... That's where all the biking fun happens. From there on you could just follow the rivers to France (Vosges) and make it all the way to Basel (Switzerland). That's at the moment the furthest point I ever got on my bike, so things get a little blurry from there.

Visualised my thoughts:
Roadtrip_zps094fdb4a.jpg

Last edited:

DannyRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Ppieter- yeah that would be brilliant the more the merrier
Belgium was on the list but all details have yet to be planned etc
Im not even sure of all the places to go and how long ive got 2 weeks or 3 and money, and you have to be willing to camp.
Pm me your email address if your serious about it and I will know alot more
Closer to the date but im sure it will be in july

:) have to do alot of research! And planning, note book is out! :D

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
That map ain't far off what we did for the start.

From the chunnel turn left and get out of France as quick as possible, head for Brussels, turn right head for Germany. Virtually all motorways to cover distance so more time on twisty stuff. First stop off from the motorways was Prüm then onto Enkirch for the night.
Screen%20Shot%202013-01-28%20at%2012.27.33.png

2nd day was 310 miles via the B500 - very nice road :D to Lake Constance

Screen%20Shot%202013-01-28%20at%2012.28.37.png

I'm about to PM a few interactive maps, it shows speed, which must be way out :rolleyes: