ERC or straight to Lee Parks Total Control ARC | MSF & Track Instructors input requested

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been riding for 2 seasons now and consider myself a rookie.
I have read Lee Parks,David Hough and Nick Ienatsch couple of times each.

This year I was thinking about taking the MSF Experienced rider course.
But I found out that Lee Parks ARC 1 would also be offered 100 miles from me at NHMS.

For folks who have taken both or either. Would you recommend taking MSF (priced around 120$)before ARC 1 or simply taking ARC 1(320$) would be the way to go?

I am not sure how much of a leap is ARC compared to MSF ERC for a rookie rider.

We have a lot of distinguished MSF, ARC and Track Instructors here.
Would love to hear your thoughts as well

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you may gain more info from Lee Parks class versus the ERC Class, even though I have never taken any of his classes. However, the benefit of taken an ERC class is that you can apply your completion certificate towards discounts, especially towards most insurance companies and I don't think Lee's classes will qualify.

Riders tend to forget that the discounts awarded for taking a MSF safety class will expire automatically without notice in about one year. So this is why I encourage riders to take a safety class every a couple of years, it pays for itself.

Here are links to other classes that is offered, but may not be in your immediate area.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/track-tech-riding-techniques/47779-total-control-classes.html