Engine Oil

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First, is this the right Mobil 1 Full synthetic?
Second, I can't believe how expensive this is ($24.50) @ Walmart.
This is the only Mobil 10W-40 that I saw @ Walmart that doesn't have that "energy conserving" thing on the back label. Igoing to hold onto the Oil change until this is verified by some expert than me.
If this is wrong, which exactly or what kind of Rotella are you guys talking about? What weight? My temp is averaging at about 176-183 @ cruising speed and goes up to 207 at stops, is this a normal thing?
The bike only has about 1300 miles.

No! :) That variety of Mobil 10W-40 is not for bikes, it's a high-mailage formulation for cars that have over 75000 miles. It has friction modifiers and will cause the clutch to slip badly. Hopefully you have not poured it in. :eek:

Mobil 1 Racing 4T is what you're looking for if you want to go Mobil.

In general, look at the label and see if it's JASO-MA approved and that will tell you if it is motorcycle approved.

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 meets or exceeds the requirements of:
API SM
API SL
API SJ
API SH
JASO MA

Rotella T6

t6specs_and_approvals.gif

The temps you are describing are normal. If you want to use Rotella, use T6 Synthetic 5W40. Should be about $20 at Wally World.

Last edited:

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
hey thanks Goop, No, I didn't pour it in, because I wasn't sure. I'll return it and look for that Mobil 1 4T Synthetic or the Rotella T6. But, I thought I was supposed to use 10W-40, isn't the T6 5W-20 or something like that?