electrical confusion

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
ok so here is problem, got my F/E kit on saturday and went out to install it and the new blinkers that I got last week. Mechanical i can haddle it but I am a complete noob to the electrical stuff and dont want to srew it up.

I need any help you guys can offer. Should I go for it or just admit defeat and have someone that knows what there doing install it.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps if you could post exactly where you get stock?

Installing the new blinkers and F/E should be no problem with the forum watching your 6.

after going out and taking a second look today this is how far I got. Part of my problem may be that they didn't come with any instruction what so ever.

Plus now I'm wondering how much more of the back of the bike has to come off.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
After looking at an exhaust install thread I just went out and took the whole plastic and everey thing off. Mostly just so i could get to it easier, and got the plate light working. It was realy simple after I realized I was way over thinking it:rolleyes:. I'll put the blinkers on tomarrow since I got to go to work:(.

maybe I'll just let it taken apart since the weather is to cold to ride and I plan on getting an exhaust in the next couple weeks.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
After looking at an exhaust install thread I just went out and took the whole plastic and everey thing off. Mostly just so i could get to it easier, and got the plate light working. It was realy simple after I realized I was way over thinking it:rolleyes:. I'll put the blinkers on tomarrow since I got to go to work:(.

maybe I'll just let it taken apart since the weather is to cold to ride and I plan on getting an exhaust in the next couple weeks.

Sounds good, I am glad you figured it out.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am in the process of doing the same thing and was wondering about all the wiring. I got the parts all mounted but don't know which Relay to replace? Did your's work with the stock relay?
Thanks

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in the process of doing the same thing and was wondering about all the wiring. I got the parts all mounted but don't know which Relay to replace? Did your's work with the stock relay?
Thanks

It should work with the stock relay, but the flash rate will be faster than normal. the flasher relay is located on the clutch side of the bike behind the front fairing under the black trim. It is attached to a bracket with a rubber boot that slides around the flasher at attached to the bracket.

It looks similar to the pic. The pic is the after market flasher relay

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
The relay has nothing to do with the flash rate of your LED signals. You need to add RESISTORS to lower the flash rate of the LEDs, not a realy. LED's have a faster flash rate due to they have less load on them than a conventional bulb. A lot of LED kists come with inline resitors to add in.

I think my Watsens came with 500Ohm resistors.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
The relay has nothing to do with the flash rate of your LED signals. You need to add RESISTORS to lower the flash rate of the LEDs, not a realy. LED's have a faster flash rate due to they have less load on them than a conventional bulb. A lot of LED kists come with inline resitors to add in.

According to this The flasher relay does control the flash rate

http://www.motosport.com/street/product/LOCKHART-PHILLIPS-LED-FLASHER-RELAY-YAMAHA/?catalogId=104033&words=flasher+relay&srchHistoryURL=5ciqyxja||words~flasher%20relay^parentCategoryID~category_root^categoryID~3^categoryName~Sport

sorry, for some reason the link does not work.

The flasher relay worked on my ninja without using resistors.

Last edited:

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site

I stopped at the kawasaki shop close to my work and the guy at the parts counter said the same thing but like people on here has said a relay fixed there's so I dont know what i'll try