egypt

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
so im in grad school for landscape architecture and we are doing a joint project with an architecture university in egypt. here is just a taste of what i got to see and experience in my time in egypt. some pics are of some bikes too..... o ya... ever get a chance to go to egypt... do it :thumbup:

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
You just turned the wife on to going to Egypt .....,- you do realise that that puts my next bike of a bit don't you??:spank::spank:

hahah sry.... i totally understand... this trip put my next set of mods on hold for a bit as well... but egypt is way worth it

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
hahah sry.... i totally understand... this trip put my next set of mods on hold for a bit as well... but egypt is way worth it

Ya,- I know, - I have been there a few times, - but the wife have not yet. And I spend a lot of energy putting places like that down so she don't wonna go, - but now your pictures just ruined years of work!! :justkidding:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been a few times and love the place.

But were not going to see 2200 pics of Egypt are we??

Did you get to go to Luxour. If you did put some pics on.

Ghost Weim, my finger slipped but thanks for the dog anyway.

Steve

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
so im in grad school for landscape architecture and we are doing a joint project with an architecture university in egypt.

So what did you think of ancient egyptian architecture? I'm a fan of Greek & Roman classicism myself, but I was blown away by some of the temples, like Karnak at Luxor. Hatshepsut's temple is just so modern. The tombs are amazing, too, in that they put so much work into them.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'd think that after all this time somebody would've cleaned up all those big piles of rocks they have lying around:eek::eek::spank::spank::spank:.

Nice pics. I narrowly missed out on going to the Red Sea, and went to the Gulf of Oman instead for the first Gulf War, so no Egypt for me:(.

Always wanted to go there, even if their backyards are full of big rock piles:D.

Cheers
Mike

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Great pictures - loved the camels in front of the rock piles, and the time lapse pictures of the dancers and boats.

Ever since gunning down tourists in Egypt became a popular pastime a few years ago, I've been skittish about going there. And the middle east is not a friendly place to Americans now than it was when that incident happened (which I think killed mainly Europeans?).