Easiest way to "drill" stock exhaust.

BoldBolt

Rides on Flat Tires
Reaction score
Visit site
"Drilled" the exhaust. Took about a dozen hits per side, less than 5 minutes total, and no metal shavings spewing out on startup. :) Not for the faint hearted, you have to go after it a bit with the sledge. You'll feel a distinct pop/give after a few hits. Use the pliers to apply a twisting motion to remove the stake.

fa820c850dcaa7397218e6280a631280.jpg

Before

ad2b29b4fc18a401f27e6da070549351.jpg

After

f48d7b099d9a58cb2dbffec59353b0af.jpg

Forgot to record before...but you all know what un-modded sounds like.

https://vimeo.com/112810020

Last edited:

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
This is what I did to mine. I didn't have a stake, so I used a long punch. I had to go around in a circular path knocking holes in the baffle, but the end result was the same. Made a little difference, but not enough for me. I think I may do a little surgery on the muffler.

Capt.Clydescope

Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of modified muffs - pretty soon i might have a debaffled muffler available for sale if anyone is interested....

I cut it open and gutted it and welded it back up. Its off my fiancee's bike and she didnt really like the way it sounded, i thought it sounded pretty badass IMO but what ever, her bike, her note.

Anyways i bought a OEM muffler off ebay that i am going to put back on. so i might be selling the other one.

Here is a link to a photo album of the process. -->MuffMuff - Imgur

Don't mean to hijack a thread either! Nice job man!

PM me if interested!

Last edited: