Dunlop Q2's loosing psi on freeways

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well in order to replace the whole valve stem they have to just about pull the tire off the rim, so $40 sounds about right.

You could get some tire tools for about the same money or less and give it a try yourself. Plus once you have the tools it won't cost you a thing in the future if you learn how to do it yourself.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
This is why you're seeing more right angled stems. The centrifugal force is then perpendicular to the valve, making this a non-issue. Duc's have them standard, I've learned.

arebman

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the core replaced for free. And the guys still were clueless. Even checked it for leaking again. With caps that do not allow air out (unlike my old ones when too high pressure, which makes sense) and the new valve cores, I am hoping to not see this problem anymore. I have taking it out a few times hitting the 100 area a bunch, next text will be a nicer day (when available) and bring the bike bake up to 120-130 range and see what happens.

arebman

Reaction score
Visit site
So after much riding, and some very intense riding at 130-145 mph, the tires are not having the problem anymore.

For those looking for the bottom line:

I replaced the valve cores, and replaced the caps to one that do not allow pressure release.

Thanks for all the input!