Dumbest thing you've ever heard a motorcyclist say?

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
my humble contribution

x2

But what do I know. I have lapse in logic as well.

I was crossing through a deer country and my logic was instead of going slower I was doing 80mph. My thinking was "hey if I am going to crash into a deer i might as well do it at a faster speed so I can 'cut through' that rat with hoves."

How stupid was that,lol?

I hear plenty of stupid things from motorcyclists. I just shrug off, what are you going to do? At this point I don't even argue. I just agree to every stupid thing they say and try to end the conversation as quickly as possible.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Me: Make sure you replace those 30 yr old brake lines and overhaul that caliper before you ride that rustbucket.

Buddy: Nah, I just won't use the front brake....

Me: F***'ing dumb redneck. Have fun.

Next day, when my buddy called me from the hospital....

Buddy: Wrist isn't broken, just sprained. Damn front brake locked up....

As a side note, this guy just bought stainless steel brake lines and is rebuilding his caliper today.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: my humble contribution

He's why I stopped using mine. Well, that and I lock it up on anything other than a leisurely stop.

I lock mine up coming to hard stops at lights just for giggle factor some times. If you apply the front brake first it shifts the weight forward and its easier to slide the rear. Just saying.

How stupid was that,lol?

I hear plenty of stupid things from motorcyclists. I just shrug off, what are you going to do? At this point I don't even argue. I just agree to every stupid thing they say and try to end the conversation as quickly as possible.

I've said a lot of stupid things as a noob. It really gives me an appreciation for when someone says something of value and is applicable to riding.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Keith is a racing expert - so that is where most of his insight is directed. Some slow speed maneuvering is best done with the rear or both, like in a parking lot or if you need to come to a full stop quickly - there are also other situations in corners where dragging the rear a little bit will help with your smoothness/the trail through it, but yeah, not that necessary.

"While it is true that a motorcycle will come to a full stop quicker with both brakes applied, in racing, you don't come to a full stop until you're done" - Keith Code

And the last time he won a GP race was... its OK ill wait. you cant brake in the middle of a corner with only the front. remember the perfect line doesn't exist 99% of the time, and just because its there doesn't mean you can use it. you can train people to be mediocre to decent racers, but that doesnt make you a legend. the devices he helped design (maybe brought up the concepts for) are kinda cool though.

here's a good'n for ya:

Not sure if he rode but, dude in a Moving Truck (corporate movers) was looking at my bike and said "sweet bike. What is it?"

Me - "Yamaha 600"
dude - "you should get a 1000"
Me - "nah"
dude - "why, 1000s are better"
Me - "nah, 600s are more fun in the twisties"
dude - "1000s are faster"
Me - "not in the twisties"

dude had no idea what i was on about so i explained the concept of a shorter wheelbase. i think i blew his mind. especially when i told him that 250s are even faster because they weigh less (assuming you keep inertia up for corner entry speed).

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
And the last time he won a GP race was... its OK ill wait. you cant brake in the middle of a corner with only the front. remember the perfect line doesn't exist 99% of the time, and just because its there doesn't mean you can use it. you can train people to be mediocre to decent racers, but that doesnt make you a legend. the devices he helped design (maybe brought up the concepts for) are kinda cool though.

here's a good'n for ya:

Not sure if he rode but, dude in a Moving Truck (corporate movers) was looking at my bike and said "sweet bike. What is it?"

Me - "Yamaha 600"
Me - "nah"

dude had no idea what i was on about so i explained the concept of a shorter wheelbase. i think i blew his mind. especially when i told him that 250s are even faster because they weigh less (assuming you keep inertia up for corner entry speed).

LOL- I get the same remarks. Now I just say it's a "Yamaha " or xyz brand. When asked how many CCs, I just say, "enough to make me go from 0 to fast in a blink of an eye". I just don't engage these people. What's the point? So I can hear how R1s are better or how I should get a Haybusa.

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site

here's a good'n for ya:

Me - "Yamaha 600"
Me - "nah"

Bro, I have to disagree on everything.

If you are riding a high performance riding bike engine braking is already very strong. On my latest bike if I engine brake and turn in quick I will end up backing the bike in without even touching the rear brake. Was quite surprising because I had never back in a turn before.

1000 bikes are faster than 600 in the twisties. Sure you can maintain speed on a 600 bike better however that is not how you are going to ride a 1k bike. You are going to take a line different than a small bike one that lets you get your drive on sooner rather than maintaining corner speed. A properly driven r1 is going to crush a 600 in the corners, too much exit drive.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Bro, I have to disagree on everything.

If you are riding a high performance riding bike engine braking is already very strong. On my latest bike if I engine brake and turn in quick I will end up backing the bike in without even touching the rear brake. Was quite surprising because I had never back in a turn before.

1000 bikes are faster than 600 in the twisties. Sure you can maintain speed on a 600 bike better however that is not how you are going to ride a 1k bike. You are going to take a line different than a small bike one that lets you get your drive on sooner rather than maintaining corner speed. A properly driven r1 is going to crush a 600 in the corners, too much exit drive.

I've been on both an Fz6 and an Fz1 in the twisty's and I believe what SweaterDude was referring to was the relative term "fun" and the actual twisty part of going fast.

In tight corner twisty's the 600 because it can maintain higher speed and is easier to toss back and forth will probably be faster than a 1000 because there is not enough of a straight to allow the 1000 to use it's full power.

To throw a monkey wrench into this discussion consider a super-moto 400-500cc. I was at Mulholland Highway a couple weekends ago and the Super-moto guy was probably the fastest, the 1000s and 600 were about equal and the funniest thing is the 250 was not too far behind either.

As for me the 1000 is faster in the long sweeper with straight type twisties than a true tight canyon twisty. I can run the 1000 engine RPM up and catch up in the straights after having to take the corner slower. The 600 I used to be able to keep up with people and catch them in the corner part but get lost on the straights

Now back to the topic

me:"A 250 can't hang with a 600 or 1000."

Ben sIII

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It does come down to the rider in the end, but the litle bikes are so much faster in the turns. This video is Ninja 250 and obviously a good rider, but he gets all the big bikes with higher corner speeds and later braking.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz03sQeX02c]Ninja 250 vs. the big bikes at Laguna Seca - YouTube[/ame]

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
It does come down to the rider in the end, but the litle bikes are so much faster in the turns. This video is Ninja 250 and obviously a good rider, but he gets all the big bikes with higher corner speeds and later braking.

No, he gets the big bikes because they don't know how to ride fast. He are doing laps in the 1:50s which is not fast for laguna seca and passing guys who are doing somewhere north of 2 minute laps which is pretty poor.

Just look at the corners, the bikes in front of him exit with plenty of track left to go wide that means they are going much slower in the corner then they could be if they were making use of the track.

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site

Ninja 250 vs. the big bikes at Laguna Seca - YouTube

Great vid. Amazing what the little 250 can do when ridden well. On a tighter course the big bikes would be lapped by that guy! :spank:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was talking to a guy about the FZ6....
ME: This bike is great, I can tour, cruise, hit the twisties...it's a great all-around bike.
HIM: Any bike you have to lean forward on ain't no real bike!
:eek::eek::eek:

Reaction score
Visit site
Two ladies saw me carrying a helmet in a store, asked what I ride. I said "a Yamaha FZ6".
One of them replied "I have a Triumph"... So I'm about to say "Nice, those bikes are looking good",
but she quickly says "you know what they say, if it's blue it's not for you", then walked away...

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I was talking to a guy about the FZ6....
ME: This bike is great, I can tour, cruise, hit the twisties...it's a great all-around bike.
HIM: Any bike you have to lean forward on ain't no real bike!
:eek::eek::eek:

I hate that people look down on a different style of motorcycle just because they ride the "other" style. :spank:

Sport bike guys who look down on cruiser guys like they are only a bunch of Harley posers are no better than the Harley guys who think any bike that looks sporty must be ridden by a squiddy tool bag.

I own an excellent all around (sport) bike, the FZ6 and I also own a Victory Kingpin touring cruiser. Both are great bikes for their intended purpose. It annoys me that the squids only wave at my when I ride the FZ6 and the Harley guys only make an effort to wave at me when I ride the Victory.

Personally I like all motorcycles, just not all the douche-bags that ride them! :Flip:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about y'all. But I get tired of guys throwing their handlebar hands up like I'm some kind of trick side show doing wheelies on command... Then knock your skills because you don't jump for them. Vomit.

I made a statement that my fz6 has kept up with liter bikes and smoked some at the strip in another forum. I got laughed at and said, why don't you get a real bike instead of your little 600. FACEPALM!

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
To throw a monkey wrench into this discussion consider a super-moto 400-500cc. I was at Mulholland Highway a couple weekends ago and the Super-moto guy was probably the fastest, the 1000s and 600 were about equal and the funniest thing is the 250 was not too far behind either.

I wonder who had the biggest smile on their face, I'm betting the 250 rider :thumbup:

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
Met another FZ6 rider, his front brake was a bit squeaky, asked him if considered cleaning it. He said "I don't ever use my front brakes, only the rear brakes for me. I just downshift to slow down" Kids been riding for 2 years and also has a dirt bike.
Not sure how he has survived, probably rides his Fazer in his yard :confused:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
If you apply the front brake first it shifts the weight forward and its easier to slide the rear. Just saying.

That makes sense, I have a habit of hitting my rear brake later and it locks up often when coming to a stop. I wasn’t sure why it was doing it, it happens more with my FZ1 than FZ6. I thought the brakes were a bit touchier. It could be both.

1000 bikes are faster than 600 in the twisties.

Only true if the rider is able to take advantage of it. Otherwise I’ve watch a guy on a Motard bike out corner guys on 1000 at every turn.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
That makes sense, I have a habit of hitting my rear brake later and it locks up often when coming to a stop. I wasn’t sure why it was doing it, it happens more with my FZ1 than FZ6. I thought the brakes were a bit touchier. It could be both.

I definitely lock up the rear a lot more on the Fz1 than I did on my Fz6. I'm sure you can tell the weight is already a little more forward and a little more top heavy compared to the Fz6. Also depending on your rider weight (I'm 245) as that goes forward on the bars I slide the rear more. If I'm paying attention and shift my weight back it doesn't happen as much.

BTW it makes it a little more fun if you even stand up a little on the pegs while your sliding the rear. :squid::Sport:

made_in_izmir

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
hi :) this is not dumbest but I can tell you something funny .

one occasion I passed a red light in traffic in Germany and german police stopped me a bit ahead .

He- please documents relating to the vehicle
Me- what is the wrong with ? (I gave the documents)
He- you passed on red light
Me- buttttt... mmmm I'm not german I'm a chechen and in our country we go at red light and we stop at green light .
He- but this is germany and I have to write you a punishment
Me-Please ?
He- Okey be more careful next time , go

:)