Ducati 848 Streetfighter

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks interesting, well except the price.
Love the fact websites are claiming its 'competitively' priced...
Against what? Certainly not the Japanese mid size fighters that Ducatinewstoday.com claims people will be switching from, unless they expect to see some huge rush of people from the R1s, and other full faired thousands (unlikely imo, regardless of performance figures).

19k + onroads, so closer to 20.

I'd seriously consider one around the 16 mark.

Apparently its 13k in the US too.... Not sure how that works, our dollar is stronger, and its being imported from Europe right?

D

Dave.TX

Tell you what, Ducati makes some beautiful bikes!

2010-Ducati-848-Nicky-Hayden-Edition%202_0.jpg

If I had the money I'd have one in my garage. Since I don't I have a Yamaha FZ6 in my garage. Either way, I'm happy about what's in my garage. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard from a few circles that the 848 is an awesome bike as well as witnessing it in real life but it is not comfortable as a bike other that track and the twisties. Other than that they've worked magic with the motor on this bike not to mention the chassis.
There's nothing like a short stroke L twin. :BLAA:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't mind the original 848 in the normal red or that off-white cream kinda colour either.

The streetfighter looks amazing though. Just wish it had a reasonable price on it :p

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard from a few circles that the 848 is an awesome bike as well as witnessing it in real life but it is not comfortable as a bike other that track and the twisties. Other than that they've worked magic with the motor on this bike not to mention the chassis.
There's nothing like a short stroke L twin. :BLAA:

I haven't been on a Ducati Streetfighter, but I think they re-did the ergos for the 2012 model. Will be interesting to see what they are like.

I think the design is amazing. If I was in the market for a bike I'd definitely put it on my list.