^#$^$* Dropped the new bike

benjfoster

Reaction score
Visit site
Well from what I am reading it seems to happen a lot. I bought a new 2008 FZ6 3 weeks and 500 miles ago. Dropped it trying to pass the DMV test -- Very embarrassing!:( Have frame sliders (sitting at my apartment waiting to be installed), but damage wasnt too bad. Broke the bottom bracket on the front right turn signal, and then some scratches. Plastic bracket broke from the fairing holding the turn signal. Is there any way to replace this without replacing the whole fairing? Luckily I walked away without a scratch. Lots of great stuff on this site!

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
Had this very problem on my bike (broken turn signal standoff). I used Superglue (on the inside, mind you) and just held it in place while it dried. I say the inside because it'll make the plastic milky or foggy looking. After i fixed it, I put on a set of flushies so the mounting point wouldn't be stressed anymore by the extended stalk's wind resistance.

Sorry you dropped the bike. I was sick when mine fell...

EDIT: Sorry, forgot that the new bikes have a totally different way of attaching the lights... Best of luck!

Last edited:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah that's too bad man. Welcome to the site though....

If it's the turning signal bracket, you can replace those. I've got both sides.... which one do you need? I'll give them too you if you pay for the shipping. PM me if you are interested.

IMG_5468-3.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey man.. it happens.. now you know that frame sliders are for day 1... but hope the rebuild works out.. lots of good people here with lots of parts.. put up a want to buy and your bike will be new in no time... good luck

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well from what I am reading it seems to happen a lot. I bought a new 2008 FZ6 3 weeks and 500 miles ago. Dropped it trying to pass the DMV test -- Very embarrassing!:( Have frame sliders (sitting at my apartment waiting to be installed), but damage wasnt too bad. Broke the bottom bracket on the front right turn signal, and then some scratches. Plastic bracket broke from the fairing holding the turn signal. Is there any way to replace this without replacing the whole fairing? Luckily I walked away without a scratch. Lots of great stuff on this site!
DUDE!!...This is the first of many to come ..in the begining it will be your fault for pushing the limits of your skills....later hopefully will be the fault of idiot cagers....hang in there and allways wear your gear.:thumbup::D OH YEA:welcome:TO THE SITE!!

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site

If it's the turning signal bracket, you can replace those. I've got both sides.... which one do you need? I'll give them too you if you pay for the shipping. PM me if you are interested.

IMG_5468-3.jpg

I love how people help each other out here! Good stuff:thumbup:

benjfoster

Reaction score
Visit site

IMG_5468-3.jpg

Maverick -

Thanks for the offer. I will take a look at my bike when I get home tomorrow and see which one of those parts it is for sure! Thanks again!!!!!!!!

spud3000

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah if you drop it then no license. Shoulda put your foot down, that is only a point or so and you can do it more than once! But it does show that you need more practice. I can guess it was the double U turn part. Anyway, those turn signal brackets break VERY easily. I learned that while putting my cover on. Popped it right off. I agree that super glue is the best way to get that bracket back together. I followed that up with fish tank caulking all around the glued area. It is flexible, strong, and waterproof. Good luck and keep practicing those tight turns! Remember they are way easier if you shift your weight.:D

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I droped my bike the very first day I got it. I haven't rode a bike for about 32 years ( at that time). I tried to make a u turn up hill and put my foot down on the down' ward slope and the bike almost fell on me. I'm short on one end about 5'4. Boy was I ever mad at myself. My oldest son who is a motor cop could not belive it. Since then I have gotten frame sliders.Live and learn.

Doc

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Happens!!! Don't let it get you down!!! Keep at it!!! Could have been much worse!!!:thumbup: Keep your head up!!!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha. Sadly no license. I take it as a sign that I should get my license through the MSF BRC.

That's one drawback buying a new bike vs a used bike. You would want to try to get all of the "Hall of Shame" moments out of the way with a used bike.

Take the MSF BRC and drop the bike all you want. It won't be your bike. But in reality, they are small and light, shouldn't be a problem to keep the rubber side down. But don't drop it during your skills evaluation, it will result in an automatic failure.

economarte

Reaction score
Visit site
Sh!t happens , i also drop my bike the very first day , luckily with no damages
Four days ago i dropped it on my garage, i'm still crying :banghead:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
if yours broke like the one on ours is broke it busted the screw holes that hold the bracket on. i am thinking flush type on the upper faring. but for now a black zip tie is working good

benjfoster

Reaction score
Visit site
if yours broke like the one on ours is broke it busted the screw holes that hold the bracket on. i am thinking flush type on the upper faring. but for now a black zip tie is working good

Thats exactly it. Only broke the bottom screw hole on mine. I also adopted the black zip ties. Flush type may be the way to go. Im almost thinking I will just leave the zip ties for this summer since it will be my first season of riding. Hopefully won't drop it again, but things happen!