Drag Bars - New Pro Grips

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I installed drag bars on my bike today. I'm 6'1 and was getting a wicked pain in my right shoulder. I've had 2 back surgeries and have a current hip injury, and the upright riding position (multi-functional reason I bought the bike) has turns out to be a demon! So......I decided to give some $18.99 drag bars on motorcycle-superstore.com a 1st try. Stance wise, I think I found something( currently have a fractured scaphoid bone in my left wrist also.....hey, I'm a hockey player......)& while the increased wrist pressure is noticeable since I'm much more forward, I can compensate with my forearms.
It hardly sounds like it, but I actually researched what my best options might be......I strategized the position of the bars , picked grips, etc...., but one thing bothers me that I stupidly didn't plan for...... The ends are NOT THREADED! Any suggestions on getting either the stock bars ends to thread in there (is it as simple as buying the thread and having it spot welded in or an aftermarket option.) BTW......I just put these on today and it doesn't appear my Powermadd hand guards will make the cut( shown ON in the pics)....but I'm tired and will mess with them in the day time tomorrow. I also am going to have to play with the levers or end up getting shorter ones if I keep these bars. If these don't work then I'll have to look the expense way of clip-ons. Has anyone ever tried /seen CLubman bars on FZ?
(save the "shoulda bought the R6 comments....I understand)

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice !

I want to do the same. Does it interfere with your range of steering? Not that you really need the full range...

Notjohndavid and I are riding down into Borrego Saturday.

Where are you in SD?

I'm in Mira Mesa

PM me...

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice !

I want to do the same. Does it interfere with your range of steering? Not that you really need the full range...

Notjohndavid and I are riding down into Borrego Saturday.

Where are you in SD?

I'm in Mira Mesa

PM me...

I'll PM regarding the ride.....I'mnot sure....it looks like the steering is impaired, I have to mess with it tomorrow. I figured for less than $20 it was a good place to start. Since I took the stock bars off.....I'm intrigued about putting them back up, upside down, looks like it could mimic the clubman look but keep the stock bar ends...mmmm?:eek:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
27, i know we spoke about rotating the bars before but not about them upside down? How does it ride and tank clearance?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey #27, try setting the bars flat to the ground. That way you will probably not have any clearance issues.

Your setup looks very nice. How do you like the handguards? So they help with the cold weather of San Diego? ;)

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey #27, try setting the bars flat to the ground. That way you will probably not have any clearance issues.

Your setup looks very nice. How do you like the handguards? So they help with the cold weather of San Diego? ;)

Brrrr.......I'm from NY so I understand this is San Diego cold, but dAmn it feels COLD!!!!!!! I really like the handguards, but the bars were killing me.....I 've noticed you've done a lot in the way of bar/clip-on stuff to your bike.....suggestions? Thanks for the tip on the flat bars......How's the BUELL? I'd love to hear about the trials and tribulations of BUELL ownership....I'm eyeballing that or a Triumph Daytona as the "next one" :D Little scared of the Harley situation right now though.....

Reaction score
Visit site
27, i know we spoke about rotating the bars before but not about them upside down? How does it ride and tank clearance?

Haven't had a chance to ride except for a quick spin up the block. I don;t know, the bar clearance in regards to the fairing is pretty tight. I'm really thinking of trying to fit the stock bars backwards from the way they come (stock throttle side become brake side & brake throttle side) It looks do-able......